Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have A Goliath Cab But cant afford a SWR head* Need help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AIDS, Sep 12, 2004.

1. AIDS

AIDS

Sep 12, 2004
    Hey every one I am new to this site. Any ways I Was previously in a band and i had a Goliath 1 4x10 cab and an SWR 350 basic head. I had to sell the head and now I am in a band again. I was wondering if any one new of an offordable head that would sound good with this set up? thanks in advance

2. AIDS

AIDS

Sep 12, 2004
    Maby I should mention that I have about 250-300 to spend. I will probably buy used

3. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    Sir, you don't really have the most pretty username that I've encountered here, but you probably have a background that puts it in a whole different perspective.

On your question, I believe the Behringer 300 watt head would be a suitable replacement. It's loud enough and it is cheap.
    If you buy second hand, in my country (Holland), good amp heads such as Trace Elliot are to be had for a good price.

Good luck,
    (for even better advice by other people, you could include your exact budget (meaning: including your type of currency and not just a number) and the country/region you're living in. People could recommend you shops and all)

4. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    If you can find a good used Galien Kruger 800RB on ebay then by all means try to get it or just keep a lookout for them because you can get a good use one (with some scratches) for about 350-400.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hartke HA3500.

Let me know if you want help finding one. I don't have one for sale, but I have come across a few lately.

-Mike

6. I second this. I prefer the sound of GK heads through SWR cabs over the SWR heads. If you really look, you can find a GK 800rb for cloe to $300.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    You can find used swr 350's on ebay for what you want to spend...

8. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    I had a Hartke 3500. It was not bad at all for the money. you could definately find one on ebay for around what you want to spend

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    If your talking US dollars, Behringer BX3000T or an Ashdown MAG300.