I have a guitar Q about a Fender Tele

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by raycer, Jan 28, 2005.

1. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    My wife put on layaway a used Tele a few weeks ago and as a gift I decided to take it out for her and suprise her when she got home from work.

It's a MIM, or atleast the neck is.

As I was cleaning the guitar up, I noticed that the neck plate says "Fender Pasedena, California" on it. Do MIM come with that plate or could it be aftermarket or perhaps a MIA body with a MIM neck (I wish)

Anybody know off hand?

Attached Files:

2. could be a parts guitar- check other parts, like switch and pots and stuff.
  3. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Maybe a Highway 1 series? Either that, or the parts are made in US and assembled in Mexico without the Highway 1 label now *shrugs*
  4. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Either way, it's a nice sound tele, but I am curious as to it's origin. I'll check the pots and switches, but what should I look for when I do?
  5. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    A few people around here had a model # seaccher deal for Fenders to find out where it'a made. But I'm not sure if that would work unless they also print model numbers on bodies, given the working theory seems to be that it's a guitar assebmled from parts.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Mmmmm...Tele. Me thinkin' Stax & Volt, Booker T & The MG's, Muscle Shoals, Danny Gatton...good score.
  7. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I have a MIM tele. It doesn't have a plate on it like the one you described. It is, howeer, a great guitar.
    The best place to go to ask is www.fenderforum.com. This forum isn't a company forum. There's a whole category that's just telecasters.
    Nice one, by the way. :)
  8. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    thanks everybody and thanks for the link bluemonk
  9. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    by the looks of that color, it is probably an MIM... midnight blue I think it is called. I would bet the plate came from something else...