I have a lightwave fretted that I want to turn in to a fretless

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by reasonbass, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Question is: I have no idea to who I can send it to to get it done? I have zero woodworking skill and I also don't have the tools. I'd rather have a pro do it. Can anyone help me out?

2. Thanks for the link. But the guy has a 10 month waiting list!! I don't blame him, his work looks amazing. Ill give him an email just in case. Any others?
  3. you could always do it yourself, there are pretty sizeable threads on this topic both here and and in the setup $ repair forums. Or any good repair shop capable to doing a refret/fret leveling, should be able to do it. Mike Lull in Bellevue, WA (my old stomping grounds) is a teriffic luthier, and he can do it for sure because he's got a basic guide on his site: http://mikelull.com/welcome frames.htm and then its under "Repairs" on the LH side, then its the blue "See how a fretted bass is converted to a lined fretless." His prices, from the little I've dealt with him, are a little bit on the high side, but the work he does is well worth that.