1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I have a mexican Fender P Bass. Would you recommend Fender 9050M Flatwounds?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by de la mocha, Apr 27, 2006.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    They cost $22 Bucks, I'm thinking of getting some. Have anyone ever used these? Are they good?

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I would recommend the 9050L's, or 9050ML's. I didn't care for the 9050M's-way too stiff, and IMHO not as good a tone as the others mentioned. :hyper:

3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    What kind of tone are you looking for? The Motown "thump," or simply a smoother, mellower sound?

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I would recommend 9050's for any bass.

5. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    9050's sound good but they are way too stiff. If you want to stay with Fender strings try the 7150's. If brand doesn't matter try LaBellas or GHS Flats.

6. I also have a MIM P-Bass. The neck is nice 'n sturdy, and it stays in tune forever.

TI Flats are real nice "woody" sounding, but the lowest tension. Love 'em or hate 'em. The TI Flats lasted 5 years on my P. They got pretty "ka-chinky" sounding, and would probably be great on a fretless P that is imitating an upright bass.

DA Chrome Flats are very versatile, a bit brighter for a flat.

LaBella Deep Talkin' Flats are nice too. Lots of thump.

The Fender 9050ML are also thumpers. They have a reputation for going dead quickly.