1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have a plm with my bass guitar 6 neck thru strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by STAGBC300, May 10, 2010.

1. STAGBC300

STAGBC300

May 10, 2010
    Hi guys,

I need someone help me about the 6 strings neck thru electric bass.

I never heard the 6 electric bass got a battery at the back of the body.

Anyone know about it? it is from Gear4music cost £220 i know guys it is ****in cheap so I decide to sell that 6 electric bass neck thru.

Im near temper cos I try tune on low B while put the ampifier but the Korg Guitar/bass GA-30 Tuner it won't show me on low B and I just ooop change the bridge you know low or high if you guys know what I mean?

Thank you and let me know if you understand my english cos I'm deaf and not good sentence.

Cheerio

Martyn

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hi,
    Unfortunately your post is very hard to understand. Is your problem that the tuner will not show a useful reading for the low B string? If so, then there are two easy solutions:
    1) Tune the bass at the 12th fret, or from harmonics at the 5th fret.
    2) Turn down the treble EQ/tone on the bass, to reduce harmonic content that may be confusing the tuner.

3. freakfingers12

freakfingers12

Mar 28, 2010
    Malaysia
    ^ Yes, the harmonics at 5th fret works all the time. And be patient with the tuner, it will catch it sooner or later.

And there are 6 stringer basses with active pickups, therein the batteries. You mean, you sold it? Hmm, okay...

4. STAGBC300

STAGBC300

May 10, 2010
    hey Bongomania

Yeah that's right you are correct.

Yeah I got it Thank for information.

And which EQ/tone? but I got Starfire ampifier about 50 watt i think it that good enough?

Martyn

5. STAGBC300

STAGBC300

May 10, 2010
    yeah I understand mean I think battery flat, am not sure.

Thank, mate

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If you aren't sure whether the battery is dead, then get a battery tester--they are cheap, and easy to use. If the battery is low, put a new one in.

I understand since you are deaf this may not be obvious to you, but all sound is composed of waves, like ripples in water. The pitch of a note is how long or short those waves are. The more steady, predictable, and "clean" the waves are, the easier is it for a tuner to identify the pitch. The more crazy, unpredictable, messy, and complicated the waves are, the harder it is for the tuner to know what information is useful and what is garbage, so it cannot produce a useful result. All musical notes from most instruments are not just one frequency, but a range of complimentary and conflicting frequencies called "harmonics". These harmonics are what hearing people call "tone", when they say a certain bass or amp has a certain tone, or when they ask how to get a classic recorded tone.

The lower the note, the longer the fundamental wave. The longer the wave, the more time it takes for a tuner to understand that wave length--and the more opportunity there is for harmonic waves to interrupt and confuse the tuner. So very low notes are difficult for a tuner to read correctly.

For this reason, the two solutions I described will help--tuning by a higher note (like the 5th fret harmonic) is easier for the tuner to hear and interpret correctly; and reducing the amount of higher-frequency harmonics will take away some of the confusing waves that make trouble for a tuner.

So the tone/EQ control I meant was the one on your bass--because that is what will remove unwanted harmonic waves from the signal the tuner has to listen to. The EQ on your amp is too late. :)

7. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Bongomania, I must bow down before your ability to interpret and respond to that post.

8. STAGBC300

STAGBC300

May 10, 2010
    I will find it out tomorrow and see if it is working on the low B strings so I will let you know how it get on my 6 strings electric bass,

Thank,

Martyn

9. STAGBC300

STAGBC300

May 10, 2010
    Finally, I got it on low B and buy new battery at the back from the shop, about time and I turn the EQ/tuner I heard the sound from the bass, last of all. lol

Thank you for that. I'm afraid I can't play today cos the somone is in the next door will bang the wall or knock the door or maybe call the police, grrrr, Make me angry, but don't forget they have a baby in next door.:meh:

Cheerio

Martyn