I have a question for you tube heads out there:-D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoelEoM, Apr 20, 2002.

1. JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    ive located a V4B head finally:) its the very same one that came with the cab i bought, but the guy didnt want to sell it at the time. im almost positive its a 1973, judging by the serial number on my cab. what i need to know is about how much its worth. the head is in good condition, original tubes, its missing the backplate, all the knobs are there. i used to have a picture of it from his site, but i dont have the link anymore:-( he asked me to make an offer on it if i want it, but im not in a real rush, because hes not actively looking to sell it right now. if anyone can help me out on this, that would be great, ive been looking for this head for awhile now. thanks guys:)
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    JoelEoM : First I wish to say I can't give you a quote for such an amp, the main reason being that I'm a French resident, and prices are very different in the USA and in France.

However, here a real vintage V4B would sell around 800 / 1000 EUR in VG or EXC condition.

But I guess the guy understood you DO want this head, while does not care selling it or not. He won't probably let it go with you for a low price.

So I think the real question is : how much are YOU ready to pay for it ? When you have answered this question, go talk the guy by proposing that price minus 20 or 30 p. cent. Then negotiate.

Only my opinion, of course.

All the best and good luck with this deal,