1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I have a recording if anyone want to listen!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 43apples, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey guys, i just found an old recording from christmas time ;) .

Before you listen, take these things in mind: It was recorded at 4 in the morning, written, recorded and mixed down in two hours. I was darn tired and not very "into it" when i recorded it, but i had to do it since i was going to show it off at school the same day. I was 14 when i recorded it, so don't have too high expectations! Be aware of playing errors and bad tone, my fingers were frozen to death from the norwegian winters! :D

The gear used: Ibanez RD500 Fretless direct into $20 soundcard, Casio keyboard, Ibanez RG270DX El-guitar trough cheapass Digitech sound module. Lots of coffee and tobacco ;).

It's called "The feeling of distrust".

www.darkoceangame.info/x3000/thefeelingofdistrust.mp3

Enjoy, and give me some feedback!

-Erlend

2. wow man i really dig it a lot, great job

3. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks alot! :)

I could do better if i had a chance to record now, but unfortunately i haven't :(

Cheers!
    -Erlend

4. I don't like it when people start their bass-carreer this early. :scowl: :bag: When I was 14 I would suspect the name Jaco Pastorius to be some sort of coffe-brand or something.

Good work, bro, continue on that path and you'll be an awesome bassist one day..!! :bassist:

5. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks alot! :)

I believe that our norwegian spirits enables us to become superior to other musicians.... :D... j\k

I just got my fretless when i recorded this tune, so my intonation is really bad sometimes, i hope that didn't distract your listening. I'm currently working on a CD project, where i'm playing everything except drums, as on this song! I'll post clips when i'm able to ;).

By the way, your cover of Teen town is truly excellent! Is that a fretless? Haha, you need to become my teacher :D

-Erlend

6. Yep, it's in our viking-blood:)
    That teen town recording is just my old warwick corvette straight into my crappy soundcard...
    And I don't think I'm going to teach anyone until I've learned more myself:)

7. :bassist: The only bad thing I have to say about that is that a slightly muddier drum sound would have livened things up a little. Outside of that, I thought it was excellent. Very good bass work. The magic of coffee and smokes.... :bassist:

8. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks! :)

9. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Other than some inotnation problems like you mentioned, I love it. Good job.

10. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Sweet song great bass playing, good job man, keep up good work.