I have a recording if anyone want to listen!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 43apples, Jun 8, 2005.

1. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey guys, i just found an old recording from christmas time ;) .

Before you listen, take these things in mind: It was recorded at 4 in the morning, written, recorded and mixed down in two hours. I was darn tired and not very "into it" when i recorded it, but i had to do it since i was going to show it off at school the same day. I was 14 when i recorded it, so don't have too high expectations! Be aware of playing errors and bad tone, my fingers were frozen to death from the norwegian winters! :D

The gear used: Ibanez RD500 Fretless direct into $20 soundcard, Casio keyboard, Ibanez RG270DX El-guitar trough cheapass Digitech sound module. Lots of coffee and tobacco ;).

It's called "The feeling of distrust".

Enjoy, and give me some feedback!

2. wow man i really dig it a lot, great job
  3. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks alot! :)

I could do better if i had a chance to record now, but unfortunately i haven't :(

4. I don't like it when people start their bass-carreer this early. :scowl: :bag: When I was 14 I would suspect the name Jaco Pastorius to be some sort of coffe-brand or something.

Good work, bro, continue on that path and you'll be an awesome bassist one day..!! :bassist:
  5. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks alot! :)

I believe that our norwegian spirits enables us to become superior to other musicians.... :D... j\k

I just got my fretless when i recorded this tune, so my intonation is really bad sometimes, i hope that didn't distract your listening. I'm currently working on a CD project, where i'm playing everything except drums, as on this song! I'll post clips when i'm able to ;).

By the way, your cover of Teen town is truly excellent! Is that a fretless? Haha, you need to become my teacher :D

6. Yep, it's in our viking-blood:)
    That teen town recording is just my old warwick corvette straight into my crappy soundcard...
    And I don't think I'm going to teach anyone until I've learned more myself:)
  7. :bassist: The only bad thing I have to say about that is that a slightly muddier drum sound would have livened things up a little. Outside of that, I thought it was excellent. Very good bass work. The magic of coffee and smokes.... :bassist:
  8. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
  9. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Other than some inotnation problems like you mentioned, I love it. Good job.
  10. AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Sweet song great bass playing, good job man, keep up good work.