Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i have a red dot inside my index finger (bowing hand), and it kind of hurts (help)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by FractalUniverse, Jul 8, 2005.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    hello, i thought it would never happened to me but it happened... i have a little injury inside my index finger callous of my bowing hand (german bow), i wonder what can i do?
    this callous happened whith the pressure i apply into the bow... wich is normal, but i'm not sure about the little injury.

edit: i'm gonna put a piece of something under my finger when i play so i will make more pressure into something softer, and that only through the time i recover... anyway i'm interested in knowing about if is it common to such accidents to happen? more info appreciated
    thanks

Esteban

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but;

I used to get some irritation there until I adjusted my bow hold. I was applying too much pressure on the downbow strokes, I think. It was remedied by making sure that all four fingers were relaxed and crossing the bow in a flat plane, making sure that the forefinger wasn't pointing towards the bow tip at all. The thumb is opposite the middle finger, and most of the power comes from the arm. Basically, before, it was a bow "grip", and after, it was a bow "hold".

3. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    uhm... i'm not sure if it is the same thing either, but i'm gonna think about that
    thanks