Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have a slot open for an R-4 bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dhuffguitars, Nov 15, 2002.

1. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I am offering up the R-4 I was making for myself if anyone is interested. I can email pics of the inprogress neck to anyone interested. The neck is Bubinga with Magasaar Ebony side stripes. Email me for more details. Price is 1500.00, partial payment due to make it your bass. contact me at dhuffguitars@msn.com

thanks
    Darrin

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Damn I gotta get one of your basses one day....

Im gonna just wait a while save up a whole buttload of money and order a doubleneck from you in September.

I know who ever gets this bass will be more than pleased with it. All your basses look beautiful, and Im sure the sound is killer too from what Ive heard!

Peace
    Nick

3. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    thank you!

save them nickels and when I am in my new shop we'll get that monster made for you!!!

4. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Darrins making the neck on this from the same piece of Bubinga wood he's using on mine. Its BEAUTIFUL!!!!:D :oops: .I can't wait, I can't wait I can't wait- Dean:p

5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    So, there's NO WAY you would make another rainbow bass? Please.......I'll even send you sugar and a cherry....

6. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    pete I don't think I got your email.... try it again.

And no rainbow basses are being made right now sorry.

7. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Its a nice try but I doubt Darrin's into it. Besides his designs I think are strong enough to stand on there own without having to outright imitate anyone else, ya know?:rolleyes: :confused: Mabye if you include that cherry and sugar mabye he'll build something in his design methods with the same woods.;) Then again whatta I know he might be down but why not call carl thompson to get him to quote you a 4000$ price:D ?

8. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    hmmm....actually, I really didn't care about the design. Would you do the same wood combo? Sugar, and cherries still available, but I actually dug your zero-5 body better.

9. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I do make basses with butcher block designs sure. But I just won't make direct Carl copies for sale.
    dhuffguitars@msn.com

10. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    TA DA!!!:) SO was it spoken. So shall it be done:D .

11. I resent the e-mail. Let me know if you don't get it.

Pete

12. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    Pete, I have sent you a couple emails and haven't heard from you.
    try getting me at dhuffguitars@mindspring.com and add your phone number in the email