Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have an amazing girlfriend

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by relman, Oct 1, 2002.

1. WOW

Ok...so today we celebrated our anniversary...I got her a dozen golden roses, a Joni Mitchell LP and Dinner at one of my favourite restaurants. She got me......

(besides stuff that i can't mention here)

MINGUS' "BENEATH THE UNDERDOG"

:D :eek:

It made me so happy i actually had to stop the car and give her the biggest hug ever. She said she got it because I'm always preaching about Mingus and because (as a Soon-to-be music major) she loves the fact that I listen to more "Educated" music.

Once again

:D

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    October 6th will be my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend.

She is, however, in Spain. She's spending a semester abroad, and won't be back until January.

Bummer. :(

3. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Does she have a sister?

4. I had a girlfriend buy me a Carvin LB76P in Quilted Maple with Ruby Red Stain. Nice bass.....

5. Yeah, major in Violin....and she has perfect pitch! :p

(she's married though)

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I hate you all...

7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA

8. Cool, i'm gonna ask my g/f for that when our 3 year comes around (in about 2 months).

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    My wife gave me an LB76 for our first anniversary. She saved 40 bucks out of our grocery money every week (so I wouldn't notice - we were very poor in Hawaii), and gave it to me a month early so I could use it on the 4th of July weekend (that was full of gigs). Totally surprised me. Women can rule sometimes.....

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My wife got me my Conklin GT-7 for Christmas a few years back. She wanted to cheer me up after I had eye surgery. It worked.

11. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Ok, you guys are going to be pissed....

I got enagaged, and got my girl the exact ring she wanted. That hurt a little. BUT, her family gave me this, and it has now replaced my MTD.

12. what is this thing called " girlfriend " you keep talking about ? :confused: :confused:

* sigh * :( :rolleyes:

13. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    GO RELMAN!

GO EVERYBODY ELSE

it will be a year on christmas day for me... =D
    Shes the best christmas present i ever got though.

She said when we get married shes gonna buy me a bass for our wedding present.. *grin*
    i told her
    "antique white semi hollowbody asat with maple fretboard locking tuners blah blah blah" shes like "okay i dont know what the second part is.. but i know what the asat looks like!"
    shes cool though.
    congrats on the cool girlfriend man =D

14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    being single sux....:(

bp13

15. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Nice, relman!

For my birthday last month, my girlfriend surprised me with three lessons with a great local jazz bassist, after I had mentioned I was thinking about taking lessons again. :D

16. Uh, my "girlfriend" gave me her Sher New Real Book...but I don't think that's quite as cool as an R Bass. :D

17. My gf's family makes about 200X what mine does, and she regularly buys me stuff I am just eyeing, even though I hate when she does it (I feel like I'm taking advantage of her). She said she wants to buy me the MTD Kingston 5 that I oh so want, but I can't even play my 4 well yet, so forget it. Not only that, I am totally not letting her buy me something like that; that's insane at this age (I'm 21, she's 19). She also wants to take me to Italy (I've wanted to go there ever since I was a kid; To give you an idea of my money, I have never been on a plane in my 21 years!).

No question a large part of me wants the Kingston, but I refuse to take the easy way; I want to save for it once I can play better.

Or at least that's what I'm trying to tell myself...

(in Chris's head) Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...Kingston 5...

lol. :D