I have an old bass. It's was my very first bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BubbaLee77, Dec 6, 2021.

1. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    It was my 16th birthday, and my mom bought it from Grandpa Pigeons for $80.00. they called it a Teller Bass. It had the Strat body with Telecaster headstock. Painted the cream white color, had both the bridge and pickup covers. With a single humbucker for a pickup, and the p bass pickgaurd. I have never seen another bass like mine. I have met one person who knew what I had. But, that was when I was 16. Is there anyone else that would know about it, maybe know how I can get replacement parts for it. So, I can get her back to playable condition. I know that she ain't worth what she would be. But, I would love to get her playing, and singing again. I would truly appreciate any information on my first bass ever.

fleabitten and Peter Torning like this.
  2. nmiller

nmiller

Sep 1, 2010
    Rocky Hill, CT
    What replacement parts does it need? Why is it not playable now? Pictures would be a big help.

3. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    Tuners, bridge, pickup, etc... basically everything but the body, and neck. I have seen a p bass that looked identical to mine. But, had the Strat headstock. I have yet to find another bass like mine.

4. nmiller

nmiller

Sep 1, 2010
    Rocky Hill, CT
    We'll definitely need to see pictures. We could name a thousand different parts and none of them might fit.

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    You can find anything, and plenty of people here will be more than happy to help you spend your money.

Trust me.

6. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    I understand exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, I don't have access to my bass at the moment, and I lost "E" string tuner. Along with the pickup and pickgaurd. Would you have any information on what I had? Just from my description.

7. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    Thank you... I've been a member for a long time now.

8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Many different brands of basses are/were made by (relatively) few manufacturers. It's very likely that your bass was made by a factory that made quite a few brands.

Unfortunately, I think we're going to be somewhat stumped without pics.

Grinderman, design and Tanner5382 like this.
  9. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    There are a lot of "Fender shaped objects" and plenty of places to find everything you need. I don't know the exact model or company.

Get the bass, and get photos, and it won't be that difficult.

Tanner5382 and two fingers like this.
  10. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    I understand that... I'll try to get my first bass, and get pictures of her.

two fingers likes this.
  11. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'm 100% positive we'll be able to help you find the parts you need with pics....possibly some measurements if the parts are "odd".

12. TheReceder

TheReceder

Jul 12, 2010
    Mn.
    So many times your first bass is like a first girlfriend... usually very fond memories.... except my first girlfriend tied me up, shaved my head and left me in the desert.

Man, I wish I could get that bass back,

mikewalker, GTHintz, bkbirge and 9 others like this.
  13. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Pics or it didn’t happen. :roflmao:

14. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    I'll get pictures as soon as I can get my bass

bkbirge, JRA and juancaminos like this.
  15. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue Guest

Sep 29, 2018
    Subbed

Tanner5382 likes this.
  16. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    The suspense is unreal.

17. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue Guest

Sep 29, 2018
    It really is. I’m thinking it’s going to be some pristine closet queen ‘51 P Bass in Blonde!

Gaolee, Oddly, LBS-bass and 1 other person like this.
  18. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    It sure is...

AboutSweetSue likes this.
  19. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue Guest

Sep 29, 2018
    :hyper:

Does it have the same body shape as my profile pic?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  20. BubbaLee77

BubbaLee77

Aug 4, 2021
    Maybe back when she was first built. But, when I acquired her on my 16th birthday. She was used, missing the 1st fret, two strings, and her body been through hell. But, it was either her, or a brand new Beatle bass for $160. I settled for my broke down Teller. Which I didn't know, nor appreciated what I had. Tore her apart, and took 60 grit sandpaper to her. I'll send pictures of her now. ASAP

Johnny Fingers likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022