Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have appendicitis

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    or however you spell it.

I've had a bad stomach ache and head ache since friday night...

and since sunday, i have been asleep most of the time. i'vebeen at the hospital since nine last night..... i have had a burger, and a bowl of cereal in the last 4 days.

I took some barium at 5 am.... that is radio active stuff that will make me show up on the cat scan better....

it is most likely appendisitis, but it might just be gastritis, but apparently i act the way the text book says appi patients act.... You could say that i am a bit of an appendix on the sickness. (Atleast i tried :bawl: )

So, it is going on 10... i was supposed to have the scan at 7...

they need to hurry...

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    That sucks.
    My neighbors 9 yr old son just had his out last Friday. Saturday night he was home sitting up playing video games.
    Not trying to minimize what's going on with you but as far as these things go it's pretty managable.
    Keep us posted, HAHAHA get it? Posted?

4. I had mine out 3 years ago. I spent 3 days in the hospital and a week out of school. Since i was still under 18 at the time i had to stay in the pediatric wing and while i was there i found they had a nintendo 64 so i ended up playing mario kart all the damn time :D

5. Hope everything goes well for you...

I've had appendicitis twice, but both times they were mild cases that only gave me what they call "Lower Right Quadrant Pain" for a day or two. So luckily, I haven't had to go under the knife for it yet....

6. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    mine burst... and holy poo! they say its close to havin babies pain. i was in reform school and they woudn't let me go to the doctor, like i was fakin it or something (whole other story) anyway, i spent 3days at the bottom of the shower puking non stop e.g. liquid-foam-blood (in that order). long story short, they got me to a doctor and he said "another 3-6hrs and i would have been no more :eek: " sooooo, two weeks in the hospital and as much demrol (sp?) as i wanted :D ... fun fun! not to mention a very cute nurse! (ahhh to be young again) two days out of the hospital i was on my snowboard back in full effect. the only lasting effect was my inability to use caps :meh: .

but i can't stress enough how bad it hurt. mind you i have broken many bones even have screws in some parts but the appendix (sp?) took the cake! ouch... good luck :bassist:

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Fixed the title.

8. How are you posting? Did you bring a laptop with you?

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

@pp3Nd1c1715 is teh 5uXorZ!

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i hope you get better so i can continue to read your asinine posts

;) :D

11. whoa mike, hope its not that bad!

i had these same symtoms last weekend. all i did from wed night till sat was puke sleep and poo. it was the worst stomach virus ive ever had. i couldnt drink anything without immediately throwing it back up within a few minutes. im still feeling the symtoms of the diareah...

anyways, i woke up saturday morning feeling fine. it was odd. good luck

12. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Get better soon mate, get back to playing the bass, (oh and of course carrying on with the rest of your life.....unless bass is all you have :p )

Seriously though, good luck!

Andy

13. *bows*

Well done sir, well done ;)

Kaz :rolleyes: :smug:

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Get better man, and unlike posted above, ask for a scar.

Chicks dig guys with scars. :smug:

Peace
    Nick

15. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Get better. That just sounds painful and I'm going to hope my appendix is built to last.

16. Same here on both parts.

Yeah and when someone askes how you got it you can tell them, it was painful, but I'm standing and the one that caused me the pain...is no more. Hell well your at it ask for the doctor to give you one on your face, maybe over the eye and then you could wear an eye patch and act like a pirate. And when some one says "Hey your not a pirate!" You just yell "AARRRGG" and point to your eye patch with your dagger that you could carry around legally because your a pirate :D
    (Note: This is one of those times were you should refer to my signature.)

17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Get Well soon Mike. Hope everything goes O.K.

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    they shaved me! and took my appendix. why? because i probably had a viral infection.

meh. oh well.

surgery went fine... i went it at 4 pm yesterday... was out at like 530.... slept like a new born on crack....

so, all in all... i feel better. i should be home tommorow.

(Yes freaky, i have a lap top.)

19. ...is that a good or bad thing?