1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have been given the opportunity...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by corrosivemind19, Mar 31, 2009.

1. To trade my spector ns2j for a geddy lee.

Now I like my spector, but I've ALWAYS wanted a fender jazz. And the neck on my spector has seemed pretty thick to me and I love the feel of the fender jazz necks.

What are your thoughts out there GL owners? :eyebrow:

2. Anyone? Bueller?

Would YOU make the trade?

3. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Nope - unless there was at least $500 cash in it for me.

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Value a used Geddy at $600-ish if it is in good shape and go from there.

I gig a lot and have some pretty good (IMO) basses..... a GL Jazz holds its own against many basses and is absolutely giggable 100% stock.

5. wait wait wait a USA made Ns2J? I hope you are getting plus cash on your end

I mean I love my Jazz basses. I even have 2 but you can pull a pretty good sound from
    MIM and have a great sound from a MIA and vice versa. The thing with Fenders are that you really do have to play before you play. I lucked out on my FrankenJazz that I got from a TBer because it (a MIM Jazz basically) was up to par and in some respects felt more comfortable to play than my US made Fender.

Its up to you but you can probably score a used MIM or even a Geddy with some money that you have saved up. The Spector and the Fender are going to be 2 completely different animals. I traded my Spector Legend 5 string for the MIM and even though I feel I got a nice bass I still miss the Spector sound and if the right 4 string Legend came along I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. I think you would miss the sound and feel of the NS-2J and would be better off getting a Jazz that feels AND sounds good to you. Believe me you can do that on the cheap but may have to go through dozens of Jazz basses before you find "the one"...just my $0.02

6. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

If you dig the Geddy more then go for it...Im assuming that your NS2J is the reissue (JA-R) right? I had the same bass and they are fine basses, but I never could warm up to the sound of the J/J EMG's...and realized that for me, EMG P/J's in a spector is THE sound. The Geddy is a great bass and I dont blame ya for lovin' that neck.
    If its the USA Spector NS2J then NO WAY!

7. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Maryland
    Trading a US Spector for a GL is borderline crazy based on value alone. Geddy's are great basses but I sure wouldn't do it. If I'm misunderstanding and it's one of the Korean Spectors then by all means trade.

*In the interest of full disclosure I own a Spector.

8. It is for the czech NS2JaR

so....I don't know...I am pretty sure I will have the opportunity to play before I pay though.

9. Nope wouldn't do it. If it was an MIA jazz then yeah, but not for a Geddy.

10. musicguy123

musicguy123 Banned

Sep 4, 2007
    I won't do that.

11. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Keep the Spector!!!!

12. NS2A

NS2A

Apr 3, 2008
    Or sell the Spector to me!

13. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    as many have said, th value alone is not worth it. if you really want a jazz. why not try and trade for a MIA jazz here. might need to throw a weee bit of $$ but i doubt it

14. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Not a good deal. The Geddy is a great playing instrument, but you'd be getting ripped off.

15. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Love the Geddy, but I wouldn't trade your Spector for it. At the very least, sell the Spector, buy a used a Geddy and put the rest in your pocket. Its not a good deal financially, even if you prefer the Geddy J to the Spector.

16. Gothic

Gothic

Apr 13, 2008
    Greece
    Hell no! Keep the Spector!

17. Mikio

Mikio

Feb 21, 2009
    Santiago de Chile
    [/thread] :ninja: