1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have G.A.S.......which bass would pick???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by g4string, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Elrick

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Modulus

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. LEJ

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I saw this Elrick in the classifieds a week or so ago.....the owner sold it back to the Bass Emporium......its a sweet bass. I admit, I have a real sore spot for Elricks.......I like them:D

I was perusing around Bass Emporium's site and found this Modulus......I must admit that I have been jonsin' for a sixer for quite some time now....This bass is just beautiful!!

The Low End a bass that I own.....I would need to sell it to buy the Elrick or the Modulus. Overall, the LEJ is a great player.......however, I am not sold on the sound. I am getting ready to buy a new preamp for the LEJ but am wondering of I should save my $$ as I am real tempted by the two basses above you.

As far as my sound/bands/preference/style.....all that stuff varies for me. FWIW, my only other bass is a Lakland 55-94 (w/ Basslines).

What would you do?? Keep the LEJ, buy the Modulus, or buy the Elrick???

edit - shoot........almost forgot about the pics

elrickenj5s0809f_big.

usedmodq5amberf_big.

CIMG0570.

2. 4stringman

4stringman

Oct 12, 2008
    Memphis, Tn
    I play a modulus and trust me you won't be disappointed at all :bassist:

3. Steve!

Steve!

Nov 5, 2008
    You don't like the LEJ's Sound?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

4. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Its not that I dont like it.........I really just dont care that much for the preamp. Also, I think an ash body wold suit me better more than the alder body I have on my bass.

5. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    funny, I traded a q6 for my lej. lol

6. Emmaemme

Emmaemme

May 20, 2008
    Keep

7. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    Modulus really turns my knobs..great feel great sound great looks and great quality!

8. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    If I had the cash id buy a quantum 6. i dont have the cash. so you should buy one instead : ) im thinkin of pulling the trigger on that ibanez sr706 as a lower cost option. hmmmm modulus is quite nice though.... nothing against elrick, they make awesome basses but my hands prefer a modulus

9. Do you like the way the LEJ feels?
    How does the LEJ sound un-plugged?
    Can you play the other two?

10. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    The LEJ feels great and sounds great unplugged. Thus, that is one of the main reasons why I am inclined to keep it. However, if I do I am swapping out the pre for a Glockenklang pre.

The Elrick, I have owned an Elrick before so I know what to expect. Thus, the reason why I wouldn't mind another one again!!!

The Modulus, again - I have been GASin' for a sixer for awhile now and this particular Modulus is just stunning!! The only deal with the Modulus is I only have some extremely brief music store experience with a Quantum.

11. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    The Modulus is mine......I put down a deposit on it today. Now all I need to is sell my LEJ:bawl: