Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have just joined an intenationally established band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 5s_tring freak, Jan 27, 2004.

1. I have just joined the Parachute Band. Some of you may know it. Here is some background...

Parachute Music Festival in NZ is the biggest Christian Music festival in the southern hemisphere. The Parachute Band are the headline band every year along with others such as Newsboys, Relient K, Paul Colman Trio, Delerious etc...

Their bassist has left and I have officially started as their new bassist. I will be on tour internationally for 4 months a year. I leave for the first American tour in 3 weeks.

They have internationally released 6 albums, and have a #1 hit on the Bilboard Christian charts.

check out the website www.parachutemusic.com.

Come and see us if you are able. We will be in LA and Washington for most of the first tour. Come and join in some awesome worship times. God will most certainly be there.

Just so you know, i have given my ambitions for a music career up to God, and he has answered my prayers and blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. Bear in mind I have just turned 20 years old. My main life goal has come true. Words can't describe my gratitude to God for this gift and oppotunity.

anyway, enough waffle. Check us out

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    ok, I am sooooo jealous. I share the same dream. tha is totally awesome that you get to realize that dream. I have found also that my music career really goes places and is much more fulfilling when I give it to God. It's truly amazing. I'll look for you and your new band when you come around this area. Good luck, and have fun!

3. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Congratulations, I'm sure you;re gonna have a blast. And oh yeah, don't forget to give yourself some credit also ;)

Also where in Wa.State are you playing? I live in the Seattle/Everett are.

4. I know we are spending time in Seattle, but i don't have an exact itinerary yet.

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Congrats man, enjoy yourself, and make the most of it!

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Congratulations!!! :)

<small>*** pats shoulder ***</small>

7. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    That is just the coolest!! :cool:

8. congrats. you are what I aspire to be.

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Although I do not share the same "visions", I must congratulate you on finding your path is taking you somewhere you want to be. Best of luck, and enjoy!:bassist:

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congratulations, dude. i wish you the best of luck.

11. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i believe i have the same goals, and i'm going about attaining them in the same way. it's brought me to a different place than you at this point in time, but i've no doubt it's exactly where i'm meant to be - and i'm equally graterful for where i presently stand. the nerve puts out a really good, positive message, and our band has enough edge to gain the respect of a lot of kids and teens it may otherwise not- and we're doing that succesfully on a local level. i feel i'm doing something really good, and it all evolved as a great work of the powers from above (or wherever they come from :) )

congratulations! i'm happy for you. i love also hearing when someone's success comes from putting the control into hands of a power greater than themselves. have fun. if you make it to NY let us know about it.

13. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Congratulations, Mr. Freak!

14. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That's great! Don't forget about us...

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, man!:cool: Glad to hear the good news.

If you guys ever play in the Dallas area, make sure that you let me know, I will come and see you. And if you need a support act in the Southwest, remember <url src=www.luciddreamer.net>Lucid Dreamer</url>!

16. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Wow! What great news. Way to go. Enjoy
    every moment of it, it will be a blast!

Check in and let us know how you are doing from
    time to time!
    Thor

Joe, since I haven't been the best guy lately,
    think you could put a word in with the big guy
    about, well, ... you know ... MORE, you know!
    Puhlease?

17. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    done.

at approximately 8:15 this evening go 1 block south of your home, 2 blocks west and 16 paces north. it is there that you will find a gaggle of what it is you are in search of.

18. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Congratulations....

Soak it all in. Take the laptop and camera. Remember why you're there. It's all about lifting Him up. You'll be in my prayers.

Peace,
    Fo

19. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    That's great, man!! Congrats!!!

:D

20. Thanks guys. I know I have all your support. We will be touring to all the main centres in the US and also to Europe later on in the year, including Iceland! (That will be way cool).

Anywayz, if you come along I would appreciate any hints and critiques on my technique and playing. Like I said, I am only just 20 and am self taught. I am pretty sloppy in some areas, such as slapping, so come along and help a young guy out!