1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have no Gas

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Wfrance3, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I just wanted to post, that in this time of the year of giving (and getting) I have NO GAS.
    What is wrong with me???

Every time I think in terms of some shiny new (fill in the blank) I think of my family, friends, and those less fortunate. Not trying to blow my own good-guy horn here, but have this going on right now and can only hope that it's contagious...

Am counting the blessings I have and hope other are doing the same.
    At this moment, I think Chery Crow go it right:
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

I hope this wears off soon...

wmmj, CaptainWally and alack like this.
  2. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
  3. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

It's a temporary condition.

Rocker949 likes this.
  4. You need a Doctor lol

5. EVerderame

EVerderame

Feb 17, 2016
    lucky you!

6. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    I'm right there with you. Doing for my family, making some small charitable donations and giving to the local Toys-for-Tots is where I get my Christmas joy. Gear can wait.

7. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    All things must pass...G.Harrison

8. EVerderame

EVerderame

Feb 17, 2016
    ... or all things must GAS...

9. The honeymoon is over. The glitter has rubbed right off. Now you suddenly realize that you actually have to play the instrument.
    My deep condolences.

wmmj, Dug2 and Killed_by_Death like this.
  10. That's what finally soaked in with me.
    I got to looking at it from the "Would you buy this today?" perspective & my answers were all no.

wmmj and ZenG like this.
  11. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Just when I think I have my GAS all taken care of I see this
    bsr5eg-ebony-featured.
    and realize I haven't got one, so GAS is still a reality for me.

One day though ...

12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I just polished off two orders of nachos with my wife. You can have some of my gas. :cool:

twinjet likes this.
  13. JusttheBassics

JusttheBassics Guest

Jun 23, 2016
    Thank you for sharing (or not!).

14. Wfrance3

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Yea, been playing guitar and bass since I was in high school and I'm 50. Just got into effects and such in the last couple years. Have some pretty good stuff now, and am just kinda done I guess. Was fun experimenting around to find just what I wanted. Took some trial and error. But am set I suppose.

15. Felken

Felken

Jun 28, 2016
    Ottawa, CAN
    Good. Not having GAS is a sign of discipline. Appreciate what you have for now.

16. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I'm right with ya. Mostly. Decided to stick it out with a single bass and haven't looked back in months. Sold my "backup" (GAS powered, obviously) when I realised it wasn't needed. I've since been able to appreciate the one I have now, save cash and time!

I was wanting a 70s Jazz Bass for a while, but that came and went too. I still appreciate a great looking/sounding bass, but I no longer impulsively purchase them or make sacrifices in order to make it work.

GAS isn't gone, but rather it lies chained, locked up in a cage and watched by giant three-headed dogs.

wmmj likes this.
  17. Wfrance3

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I'm right with ya. Mostly. Decided to stick it out with a single bass and haven't looked back in months. Sold my "backup" (GAS powered, obviously) when I realised it wasn't needed. I've since been able to appreciate the one I have now, save cash and time!

Great Job!!
    Yes, I have sold a lot. and have been playing just one bass, it's a nice one, but still, just the one.
    I have a second cheap-o as a backup, and have been thankful to have it, but two basses does not a collection make (i don't think anyway). My pedal board is minimal. Just amp (or not depending) PDDI - Comprssor - Tuner... At one point I had the epiphany that the difference between matching the original artist's tone vs. a solid, good tone you like and can be proud of just isn't that much. I'm not to the point of one bass, headstock tuner, amp, but am moving that way, and who know, some day...
    All those pedals, knobs switches, etc....I was compromising the purpose worrying about stuff (mostly) no one cares about...
    It's way cooler not having to worry about which patch cable went flaky (that barely happens, but still), and other misc hassle that goes with a board that has multi-effects. - Absolutely not dissing effects "big board" and other people. Heck until recently I kinda was one. If that works for you I totally support that (for whatever that is worth). Just sayin' that for now, minimal is my "happy place".

wmmj likes this.