1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have one of Nikki Six's 12-strings...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Yup. My housemate is engineering at Jeff Watson (Night Ranger) home studio and so he gets to bring home all sorts of cool stuff. Hearing that my housemate lived with a bass player (me), Jeff gave him a 12 string bass Nikki Six used to use. It NEEDS new strings.. and Jeff is endorsed by GHS.

What GHS individual string gauges should I get for this puppy? Pics coming as soon as I take some...

Oh, and I might even get to try out to play on Jeff's new solo album! A job he was thinking to call Billy Sheehan for!! Time to hit the metronome...

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nice! 12-strings are awesome. I have an 8 that I like to use every now and again, but a 12 is even better.

Get two sets of these:

http://www.juststrings.com/ghs-p3045.html

and a set of regular Boomers in your favorite gauge and you're good to go. If GHS made a 12 set, Juststrings would carry it, I'm sure. But they don't. All they have is an 8 string set.

3. Perfect! I was going to ask for individual gauges based on a D'Addario 12-string set, I that will make it easier to place the order...