1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have pedal board ?'s.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kevoh, Mar 23, 2009.

1. kevoh

kevoh

Mar 16, 2009
    Chicagoland area
    so i found this on the gear page, and i really want to do it:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=524060

I have a few questions before i go into building this.
    First, I'm curious on what the order of my pedals should be. i have a boss odb3 bass overdrive, a boss dd7 digital delay, a boss rc 2 loop station, and a dunlop bass crybaby wah pedal. eventually, i plan on getting a digitech whammy or bass whammy. and im going to have to make room on this board for my trex fuel tank jr (so i wont be using the power strip). so yeah out of those pedals, what should the order be? (i obviously know the loop station will go last)

also, I'm curious about what kind of link cables i should use between each pedal. I've heard horror stories about the notorious bucket o' cables at GC, so I want to play it safe.

thats all i can think of right now. i greatly appreciate any feedback youre willing to give. THANKS!

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have a Gorm shelf pedalboard myself that I haven't velcro'd yet. I got the cheapest one and it's smaller than you'd think, especially when you use larger pedals like moogerfoogers, old EHX pedals, etc. and a power supply. Fortunately they're dirt cheap so you can get a lot of real estate for a low price.

In regards to the pedal order, there is no right answer. Move your pedals around until you get the sound you want.

For patch cables, George L kits are your best bet since you can cut them to the exact link.

3. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    That looks pretty good!

4. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Dude, great idea. Wow, never would've thought of that.

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    that's a very cool board.