1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have possibly the best son in the world

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tmdazed, Oct 29, 2013.

1. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    My son did a very nice thing for me today, this was the first bass I ever owned, being made in the mid 60's, this old Hoyer has criss crossed the country with me and has been with me all the places I have lived. Well about 15 years ago, the headstock snapped off and the body cap started to delaminate, I could never bring myself to throw my old trusted lady so i kept the parts around. Well my boy found the parts yesterday and took it to school and reassembled the body and neck and repaired the body cap. After much deliberation since the ol girl will never be a player again, we decided that we would be honoured if any people that come to jam at our studio would care to sign the guitar to make a nice memento/ wall hanger to keep a small record of all the great musicians I had the privilege to call friend and to play along side

733827_10152068878622176_854816217_n_zpsa389ed17.

2. If the headstock is stable again, why NOT play it?!?

3. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    its definitely not stable again, I attempted a VERY poor repair on it just after it snapped and compare to the price of a good repair by the luthier that does my work and what the bass is actually worth , repairing it makes no sense, I am going to let her enjoy her retirement in peace as a memento on display where she should be , in my studio. Let the youngsters in the stable do the workload now