Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I HAVE POWER!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Sheep Man, Oct 9, 2000.

1. So far I've got 3 friends who want to learn how to play bass now. One plays violin, the other 2 have never touched a musical instrument before. And I think that if it wasn't for me being the scapegoat of sorts, none of my friends would ever have even thought about playing bass.
    WOOHOO! One of my friends is getting a bass for his birthday...or, well...he wants one. So a bunch of my friends are pooling their money to get him one. Or at least...a couple of them are. And I'm not gonna let what happened to me happen to him. No Fender '62 Jazz reissue for him. Yet. He can start with something just a WEE bit cheaper...well...more like 25% of the price of mine, but I'll be sure to be there to help steer the paying friends (if I don't throw some cash in, too) away if the guys in the store try to sell them a MM Stingray or a Gibson SG-Z bass or something. :D

2. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    My friend's neighbor plays classical guitar, but she wants to switch to bass. She is getting an Ibanez for her birthday. She is in 7th grade. I am very proud of this girl.