Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have serious issues with the bass..

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by talrawksmyworld, Jun 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is really weird to me, all of you ppl, who are most definitely bassists (and I am not) are .. well, there is no promise of you reading this, huh? And since I kinda have to keep this clean.. lmao, um... I really ADMIRE the bass guitar. I have a THING for it. I dunno why.. but I do. I really like the sound and everything.. Do I sound like a freak? Ok, I just wanted to tell you that I am one of those really weird girls that just likes the bass guitar too much.

yay!
    ~quel

http://community.webtv.net/ThisIsMe_Dream/Me

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Welcome!

Learn how to play, and you can be near a bass all the time! Seriously, there's quite a few female bassists, and a good bassist is always in demand.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hi and welcome!

Get a bass and have fun!

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, grab a bass and play!

5. Well, my friend Ann used to play and she says I would be really good b/c the way I move my fingers (lmao) and I'm double jointed in my fingers and wrists, too. But I'm not sure if I can even play. No one close to me has one that I could play. (lol) In fact, if anyone close to me could play I would be a very happy camper. (lmao) *sigh* :D I can play the piano and drums, too. But I am known for not practicing instruments. I haven't found one that I enjoy. I do ENJOY the bass, but I've never played it before, just listened and listened and been very happy about it. (haha, I'm such a weirdo)

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    As you can see, all of us here like the bass guitar too much. We're mostly a sick bunch of fetishists.

7. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Whaddya' mean "sick"? Well, Merls maybe. That
    feller's gone off the deep end...down boy! gooood
    Merls. Who's turn is it to feed him today anyways? :p

talrawks~ Like JT et. al. says, grab a bass and start
    playin. Pawn shops have some good deals. But fer
    gosh sakes, get it set up proper. Otherwise, it's
    REAL easy to lose interest.

BTW ~ If you want a link to be...link-able, put
    {url} {/url} around it but with square brackets :)

8. Sick bunch of fetishists? lmao! :D Y'all are funny, but I don't think you get it.. or maybe you do. Um.. I am like in love with the bass guitar.. lmao.. it um.. flicks my lightswitch, floats my boat. LMAO.. :) Ya know? I think I have a serious problem with it. B/c I've never met anyone that likes it THAT MUCH. Erm.. or heard of anyone that likes it that much. Esp. someone who doesn't play...

9. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

For the love of music Im not going there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ok, well, uh...check this out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a few more of them are on the way.

then there's all my wee little baby basses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so i guess i know about bass fetishes too. then again, i don't get any bodily fluids on my basses, other than the occasional sweat stain, so maybe i don't know. :eek:

11. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

12. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    JT,
    Can I ask a question man. What in the hell do you do with that bass in the first photo? That is an amazing looking piece of work you got there :)

13. JT, what is that black 4 string with the yellow design on the fretboard? It looks like a boat paddle.

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i go fretted and fretless in the same song :D. one of our songs, i have a few distorted fretless solos in, although the main song is fretted. we also have a long piece with extended sections of fretless and fretted.

15. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Thats awesome JT. Maybe one day I can have me a beauty like that one.

16. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

Wow nice basses ! is the headless a kramer duke?

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yep - i defretted it and painted a design on it, and then exactly one week later i got the pedulla fretless. that was my first bass.

18. Oh so pwetty! I've never seen so many in my life! (how can you afford all that?) Awwh.. my head feels funny! lmao. Not b/c of the guitars.. but I'm bleaching my beautiful black hair. Pulling a Britney Spears. Yep, yep. *looks at clock* Only 45 more minutes! I don't get the whole fetters or any thing like that. But yeah, what is like the best made type of guitar? (I know for regular ones it's like gibson or something.. at least that's the most well known.) But do like regular guitar companies make bass guitars, too?

19. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    [​IMG] somebody?...anybody?...before it's too late? :eek:

20. Before it's too late? Oh, my hair? lmao.. yeah.. too late, WAaaay too late. Hey, y'all wanna see what I look like? It usually gets some interesting replies.. hehe.. just go right here lol..
    http://community.webtv.net/ThisIsMe_Dream/Me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.