I have SL112...should I grab another one for gigs or just use haul a 4x10 and be : )?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PJ Katz, Sep 17, 2015.

1. (1 more ) SL112

80.0%
  2. (1) Rumble410

20.0%
  3. (1) Db410

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PJ Katz

PJ Katz

Jan 2, 2015
    THIRD ROCK
    Im really looking for some solid advice for a "Buy one time and dont look back" scenario.

Love to hear from those who have 2 x SL112 cabs or DB410 or Rumble410

I have a Tone Hammer 500 and an SL112. I am playing out 1-2 times a month and I think the 12" cab is great for rehearsals but not sure about my 150-350 capacity venues(Clubs!!).

Should I go for a 410 cab and use that for live gigs or just get another SL112?

Few Notes: I have some shoulder issues but dont mind 60-70 LBS of weight. I could just leave it in the garage and roll it to the van for the gigs...not a huge issue.

I just want to be able to have enough power and hear my self(Dont we all).

Playing Nu-Jazz,R&B/Raggae

410 Consideration: (I choose these because of the vintage look/brand/user reviews)
    Rumble 410
    or
    USED DB410 (I know its a heavy box) ugh....

^Has anyone compared the above^

Price difference aside , would that Rumble 410 give me more punch than these specific 2 x12? I am afraid to get lost in the mud of 2x12's. Maybe Im wrong...HELP!

Thank you!

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    I have a TH-350 and use it with a 4 ohm 2x12 (GK 212MBE) and it has kept up with two cranked non-master 100w half stack gui**** amps. I've also used it outdoors with a more sane band at a venue that can hold ~1000 no prob. I supplied it a backline at a two day multiband benefit a month ago, ~350 cap club and it easily outpowered the PA. At one point I was outside and the bass was stoopid loud so I went to see what the soundguy thought he was doing - the fader was completely off <eek>.

In other words, I'm saying two modern 12's should be all you'll ever need.

PJ Katz likes this.
  3. PJ Katz

PJ Katz

Jan 2, 2015
    THIRD ROCK
    I appreciate your comment and insight!

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    I'd get the second 1x12.

If I didnt own two 4x10's I would be rocking the 2 1x12 rig. I own a 1x12 and use it all of the time. As it is I lug a 4x10 when I need the extra but I'd rather be modular.

PJ Katz likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021