1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I have the most amazing bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JacoJr, Nov 18, 2003.

1. JacoJr

JacoJr Guest

Mar 26, 2002
    Decatur GA.
    I have a late 60's early 70's fender jazz with all origianal parts on loan for the week!!!!
    It is the most incredible bass I have ever played!!!
    What would something like that cost me?

2. anywhere from $1500 on up.

3. Do you have the serial #?

A 67 to 69 could run between $1500.00 to $3500.00 depending on the condition.

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. At L&M here in Edmonton they have a vintage ( I think 69)sunburst J bass. It looks so ugly, with the huge areas missing paint, and everything white is yellowed from all of the club playing, and it is one of the coolest instruments I have seen! It is going for 7000 canadian btw, everything is 100% original Fender. Except for replaced strings obviously :).

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Can I have it next? :D

6. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I own a very same bass! A march 1970 with late 60's parts, 100% original. Me too, it's the most incredible bass I've played. Mojo baby!
    A year ago it seems one could have picked one up for $1500, but today it seems it would cost me $2200-2500 to replace such an original bass.

7. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I got a really nice 75 with OHSC in excellent condition I will sell you for $1450.00