1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have to gloat a little...NV 215 ordered today!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by denton57, May 29, 2007.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Sorry fellas, but nobody else understands my joy! :hyper: Bandmembers, girlfriend, ect. just dont understand! I am hoping this will be the last (big) cab I ever buy. Just in time for an outdoor show in a couple weeks. My Sunn reissue 2x15 cab was farting on me last Sat night (I was pretty loud) and just bit the bullet and ordered one today. I'm expecting a huge improvement in volume and tone (way better speakers, way better sensitivity, sealed, 4ohm). New rig is: 62 reissue jazz with Labella flats, Sunn 300T, and BERG NV215! :bassist:
    Just so this thread isnt totally useless, lets see some pics of NV's in action!

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Congradulations!
    Your cool rig should absolutely kill.

psdle-2.jpg

3. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT
    I went to order one from the closest dealer to my house (only two hours away:( ) and then I found out they were closed. :bawl:

What stinks is, I'm only about an hour from Jim's place of business but I had asked him before if I could buy directly from him and at the time he said I had to go to a dealer.:(

4. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I ordered from Bass Emporium in Austin. They ordered one from Berg, and then they are gonna ship it to me. I'll probably see it late next week (I hope!)

5. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    Makes sense -- he's got to look out for his dealers' business.

What you should do is see if he can recommend a dealer for you to order from, and ask if you can just pick it up directly from him.

Asad

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    +1

If (and after) they all ok this deal, I'd ask about any possible non-shipment discount.

7. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT
    Makes all the sense in the world but I was hoping to try it out first.

8. vroc38

vroc38

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    Dude, you are gonna love your new NV215. It is hands down my favorite cab of all time. The perfect balance of warmth, clarity, and punch, and really very portable for its size. Congratulations!

9. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Yeah! This is what i have been hearing for about a year on this site. It feels good to finally have one on the way. I cant wait to crank the Tung-Sol 6550's on the 300T..and have warmth, clarity, and punch! :D

10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Congratulations!

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

I picked up my new NV610 last weekend. :hyper: Gonna gig it twice this weekend. Pics coming!

12. Fuzzbass

Hey, I try to keep my promises...

l_7336b5e2bc94869d40e030bdfcfc2085.png

I miss the nearly unique red tolex of the one I sold, but black with chrome corners is pretty darn sexy!

13. Congrats-Hope U enjoy the NV215- I LOVE my NV610. & would LOVE to try a NV215 too!

14. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    Fuzzbass does the NV610 reproduce the low Bb good?

15. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I wouldn't mind seeing more GAS-inducing pics, esp. of the 215.

16. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    " "

17. Fuzzbass

Good question, and entirely appropriate because I tune down a half-step in one of my bands!

My general purpose answer is "yes", the NV610 is great even with a detuned fiver, because it gives me all the bottom I need at the majority of my gigs: medium-sized bars and restaurants.

The first caveat is that I go for punchy tone... I do like to feel the low lows, but I'm not gonna drown out the kick drum. So, it doesn't bother me that the lowest fundamentals aren't as strong in the NV610 as they would be with a modern cabinet. The second caveat is that the NV610 isn't the greatest choice for outdoor gigs with no PA support. For those gigs I would bring a different Bergantino rig: HT310 and HT115.

18. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    More NV215 pics! Im still waiting for delivery!

19. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    Thanks Fuzzbass, good to hear that!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021