Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I haven't been posting a lot lately

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    And it's freaking me out.

I'm usually the guy who makes 20 posts a night. Sure, usually only 1 of them is relevant to anything, but it seems more and more I'm posting less and less.

I'm usually on talkbass for 20 minutes tops, and I just do a quick scan of the threads, check how the CD project is going, and reply to any PMs. This whole having a life thing is freaking me out... I can't figure out if I like it or not. Mostly because I'm just either busy or sleeping... and it's not even finals time lately. Plus I'm getting more done musically/artistically.

I'm taking more pictures, and I've been in some independant films for my friend and composed original music for them. I'm working more in my uncle's band and possibly jamming with some people who'd want to make real music instead of doing covers.

This thread is more or less pointless, it's just an excuse for me to type things and have them appear on the screen. Weeeeee, this is fun. Plus I feel like I haven't talked to you guys in a long time... it's weird. Plus I'm rockin' the 56k connection and you know how that can be. So let that be a sign that if I download a song from you in the recording forum, I must really be interested in hearing it. So consider that a compliment right off the bat. :)

So, uhm, upon realizing that this thread serves no purpose whatsover, and it's just been me talking about my life... hmmm, well enough about me, what do you think of me? :D Heh, I guess I'll just ask...

What's up? What's going on in your life? How's things? What's shakin'? How's the wife and kids? How 'bout this weather we are having? Workin hard or hardly workin? How are ya?

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I have Epstein Barr *kiss* So do you, now.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    On that note: I'm going to bed...

(That's another thing, I'm going to bed at a decent hour lately, I can't stay up past midnight without it being painful... I'm too old for college)

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    'Sat anything like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I had that in grade school and half of high school. Sucked big time.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I know what you mean. I just skim TB now. Don't post a whole lot. I'm always on the site, though

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You know, there's a new Dead Hand System song posted in Recordings... you might want to get that 56k modem cracking on if overnight!

;)

7. I need to spend less time on here(computer in general) and do some yoga.

Playing bass is a close 2nd.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

TB is fun, 'cause nobody else listens to me. The cool thing about TB is that you can post in a thread and someone will read most of it, and the post either makes a point or wastes a persons time like this post.

9. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I am MAD about you Pimpride!

I thought you knew...

10. I seem to be posting alot less too. Mainly because now I am working on my punctuation and spelling, and also because I'm becoming more and more busy. I have journaling, my band, athlectics, orchestra, and I also have to try and get a piece of my writing published by the end of the week, which is hard because 1.) I just started it now, and it was assigned 3 months ago (it's for school), and 2.) my poetry is very personal and I would rather nobody read it, but it's too late to write anything else.

11. Look everyone, Spankbass.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Your avatar is creepy...

13. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I don't think Freud would have anything good to say about that.

14. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I don't post too much, I'm mostly a reader.

I guess I don't post because it seems I am the "Thread Killer". I post to a thread and it promptly falls to page 3.

Also, there isn't too much activity in General Instruction (where I started a thread! hint hint).

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I don't read too much, I'm a poster.

16. i am relatively new, but its good to have a few days break in between sessions so you dont get bored with it. I find it all pretty funny. its good for a laugh, we should be spending more time playing bass though.