1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I haven't even done my taxes yet........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Broadstbully22, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    But I already know I'm getting money back and about how much. And I think I already have it spent. lol. I want to get my five string mm and some more tools. Anyone else have tax money burning a whole in thier pocket?

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'm the other way - my goal is never to receive a tax refund. If I get a refund it means the gummint had the free use of my money all year.

But enjoy it - it's always a nice feeling to get a refund!

3. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I treat it like a yearly savings account. lol.

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    My band income eats up my refund. I expect I'll owe a few hundred bucks again this year.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I usually get a pretty decent return. With my wife's income added to mine, I should still receive a decent amount of money back.
    I might book a cruise once I get it.

6. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    refund? What is that?

7. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Im getting a good return, need to send some money to Mexico to help my dad with some hospital bills but I still gonna have enough to buy a bass probably a Lakland. Let see.

8. ...a whole what???

anyway, yeah -- I'm building a new desktop computer with part of my refund. I (obviously) haven't spent it yet, but the spending is scheduled for approximately the same date that my refund is scheduled to arrive in my bank account. :D

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. Although I'm between. If I change my W2's I wind up paying.

10. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    In think it's pretty much impossible to come up even at the end of the year.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    No refunds here either please. I'd rather pay a little bit myself.

But hey, when I was younger, I was all excited about it too. That refund fueled all kinds of great times.

-Mike

12. I think I owe this year. I don't even know why I pay taxes. I work for the federal government.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I usually go for either owing a little or as close to even as possible. Usually owe a bit. However, last year I changed jobs, and played it pretty safe, so I think I'm going to get a chunk back this year. If I do, it'll either go into savings or to pay off the miniscule debt I have left.