1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Haven't learned a new song in a while, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Razzi, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Razzi

Razzi

Jul 16, 2009
    So I'm fairly new to playing the bass, about 3 years in and I've only been seriously practicing for about the last 6 months.

One day I decided I'm going to practice a song to the point where I can play and sing along with out even having to think about what I'm doing. I chose All My Loving by The Beatles.

I chose that one because Paul McCartney wrote it and he plays bass and sings so I figured he structured the bass section to be relatively simple so he could sing and play at the same time.

Once I could play it without thinking about what I was doing, it was like an epiphany. Almost as good as sex. I felt like accomplished something and took a step forward at increasing my skill. But it took me about 2 weeks of constant practicing to get to that point. Kind of nervous about doing that again.

But never the less I plunge forth.

Any suggestions on any fun songs to play? Preferably a Beatles song. If not a Beatles song whatever you want to suggest.

2. MrGotBass

MrGotBass

Jul 28, 2009
    FREE BIRD!

:bag:

3. GKR1

GKR1

Oct 22, 2009
    San Diego
    infinite dreams by maiden.

4. dear prudence
    something
    i want you/shes so heavy
    here comes the sun

these are fun to play on bass

5. Razzi- Hold Me Tight by the Beatles. Play this little dance ditty whilst singing and many musical doors shall open for you.

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I second Here Comes The Sun!

7. learn to play some cake. they always keep me guessing