Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I haven't vented in awhile...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So here it goes...

I wake up this morning to get to school by 6:45 for marching band, I don't get woken up till 6:30, so I dont have time to shower... I change my shirt, put on some pants, grab some pop tarts, and head to the truck...

I'm ok with that, because it is not all that unusual...

I am walking from the band room to the parking lot with all the amps and my bass on a cart, and I start to get a headache... I figure that I am just hungry, so I eat my poptarts, and it goes away.

When practice is over, the headache comes back, so I have to sit through school with this headache that I know is going to lead to a stomach ache that will lead to a migraine and then puking...

I put my stuff away, and head to bio feeling like crap. We are standing by the door waiting to leave, and my bag is covering my crotch area... My friend kevin pulls the "Whats the capital of Thailand?" "i dunno." "BANGKOK!" trick on me, and nails me in the right twin... He thought he would hit my bag, but i flinched and my bag moved... it was a nice shot... if it was not me he hit, I would have commended him...

So i got a ride to the nurses office, and skipped half of math...

I suffer through lunch, the food makes me feel slightly better...

I get through english... then PE... then jazzband... all the while getting worse... then my dad comes and picks me up, we drive to my moms, drop off my amp, then go to my bass lesson... we stopped at 711 for some excedrin, i take the pill, take some water, and 1 minute after taking the water, i puked. Just as I opened the door, i blew out my burger from lunch all over the parking lot... then ran over to a bush to finish puking...

I went inside to tell my teacher i was to sick, paid him, then he just said that we are gonna do an hour next week...

then I went home, and slept in my moms room for like 2 hours, and then i felt better.

:)

2. sounds like a sucky day, glad you feel better though...

BTW, you play bass in the marching band? thats the first i heard of that being done.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    thank you for helping me to be even more grateful for the day i had today.

isn't it great that you have a place you can write all about your crappy day. the venting can be very healing :) .

4. i do it. lots of others round here do too. ;)

mike, at least the headache went away :)

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

I don't march... I'm in pit with the marimbas and keyboard and stuff... I guess technicly I am in percussion ensemble... but bleh.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    [butthead]
    hhhhhhhhhehhehhehheh heh hehhehheh hehhhhhhhhhehheh ... COOL!
    [/butthead]

7. yeah, they do that in some places. I wanted to play bass for marching band but my director thought that was insane and made me play tuba.:meh:
    i hate to admit it but i'm a better tubist than a bassist. atleast thats what they tell me:D

8. Ahh, well my day ruled :):)

First Period, Geometry - Went to computer lab and fooled around with some geometry program on some old macs.

Second Period, Biology - Got two quizes back (owned them both!) and went over a lil somethin about cells then watched a movie on animals attacking people.

Third Period, World History - Took a test that was so easy because we got to use our notes on it. Then we went to an assembly.

Lunch - Chilled with some friends and talked about stuff, pretty good lunch.

Fourth Period, Spanish - Got back a few quizes (owned them all!) and then watched Pocahontas.

Fifth Period, Weight Training - Well, Mr. Deeds said we could either lift or sit in the shade and chill for today, so I sat in the shade and talked to some friends. The plus part - There is this girl in there who I think likes me because she follows me around when I lift and is always wanting to talk to me, then when I was sitting there talking to friends, she came over, sat down next to me and "snuggled" against me like the whole period.

After School - Got a ride home in Casey's hella nice air conditioned car instead of riding the bus.

Get Home - Work on the bass a lil, then head over to Obsolex's house and chill for a few hours.

Get back home - Check mail, start typing this and now finished! ~ Tyler

9. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay
    I woke up late, around 7:10, then got to school about on time.
    First period I have ****ing nutrition, and we made muffins:rolleyes: :rolleyes:. I did jack sh*t becase I mean, comeone you guys, my group had 5 people making muffins... lol...
    Second Period I had math, and since I missed two days of the week I did pretty bad on my quiz. But then went back and re-did it all. Then my math teacher said if I did bad I could just retake it though, so...
    Third period I had weight training... My teacher said it was hot today, so he made us do a whole whopping 3 sit-ups, and 2 push-ups, and run around a pole ten feet from the weight room for our run...
    Stuipid ass asembly that I pretty much just slept right through.
    Then fourth period we watched a movie in english and turned it our journals.
    Then the last period I ditched because I told my mom that the assembly was the last period, so she picked me up. It's not even really a class in the first place anyway though, whatever...
    Then Tyler Hole came over, and we chilled...
    Then we went to foood4less...
    And now I'm typing this...
    yeah...----------

10. I'd kick your friend's ass...I hate getting hit in the "KOK"

Seriously...

Well,I hope you feel better...

In School,I'm always sick.

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    What kind of pop tarts?

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

I've been enjoying the hot fudge sundae type myself...very sweet, more like a cookie than anything.

13. Freeze 'em...they get chewy,I think.

14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Puking is always fun, it makes room for more!
    How many "GUFFS" was it? The more the better! :eek:

Sorry you had a "poopie" day! We all get'em. I too was sick, came home from work early. Slept almost all day.

Today's a new day hope you feel better!! :)

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

just the basic strawberry kind.

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I hate days like that. I was like that on math finals day last year and ****ed up the test.

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Those are pretty good. When all else fails, and life gets you down, just remember man, you've got pop tarts.

18. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I suppose 5 minutes is a long time to a net-nerd!! ;)

19. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    this is why i say "my life is going good right now..... thats why im worried"

i went to school at 9:00 and was done at 1:30 ah the wonders of going to home school then at like 2:30 i toke a shower after playing some bass. then got ready to go to the mall. the problem is at 17 i still dont drive, grrrrr, so i had to wait for my dad to get home.... he got home at 8:00 grrrrr.

but i did get to go to the mall with my "good freind" molly, it was fun we just widow shoped at hottopic and earth bownd and jorneys and on and on, you get the idea

shes really tickles tho so when ever i would but my arms around her she would have a giggle fit, so i just moved then down to her belt.... and now im just telling you all every thing.

i on the ride home im so glad my dad didnt say anything cuase i think he sol us being "close"

i came home talked to her on the phone for a bit, she left for her trip and i went to bed....well i didnt just go to bed i talked to my freinds in cali, arazona and pittsburg till 3:30 in the morning

its good having a girl in your life:D :D :D

20. maybe you should think about getting a grammar book in your life, work on that spelling.

haha, j/k man. why is it that you don't drive?

girls are great, but complicated sometimes.:):confused: