1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I hereby boycott Quizno's. Oh yeah, dumpin' da Haterade!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan316, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Where shall I begin? Oh yeah... QUIZNO'S SUCKS THE CHROME OFF A TRAILER HITCH!!!

Formal complaint #1: My coupons

Yes, I actually took the coupon sheet from the weekend paper, figuring hey, $1 off or 3 subs for $9.99 doesn't sound too bad! I'll get some subs for the gang at work. WRONG! These coupons aren't valid for anything I'd order! Turns out, the coupon's pretty much fine-printed to only work for their newest subs, to con people into trying these new subs, cuz no proud American man would EVER order such wishy-washy cauliflower bistro subs with brussel sprout au jeu sauce!

Formal complaint #2: Excessive price, miniscule meal

Holy CRAAAAP is their food overpriced?!?! They want $7.59 for a regular size sub? Without a drink or chips or anything?? Folks, I can go to my corner pizza/sub/deli shop, and get me a foot-long sub, LOOOOOADED with capicola ham, banana peppers and wonderfully toasted, with a bag of chips and a suitably sized drink, for $4.74 out de do'. Why on EARTH would I ever go back to Quizno's, for inferior tasting food with sky-high prices?

Ladies and gentlemen and John Turner, I feel very :atoz: right now. And I wish to destroy Quizno's forever.

Ladies and gentlemen, I implore you, to find a local pizza/sub/deli shop, and go get better food at a better price. Become a regular customer there. Make them remember your name. Get free rib-kabobs simply cuz you came in at the right time and the owner says, "Hey you gotta take these kabobs, I gotta clear this grille for a whole slab of ribs for a customer!"

To the mouth of Hades with Quizno's.

And somebody throw a chocolate mousse pie at Jared.

2. ahh someone else who shares my opinion...after working at a deli where we loaded a 1/2 pound of meat and cheese on a foot-long sub I hate ever going to Subway or any other mainstream sandwich shop...its just not as good and a rip off...(same here for campus food...complete waste of my money..)

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    fwiw, quizno's is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. i never eat there.

I'm actually happy with Subway.

4. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Dude, I couldn't agree more. Quizno's subs are a rip off. I mean it's not like they suck taste wise or anything, but they're just ridiculously overpriced.

5. That place sucks. I just got back from a local deli and ate an amazing $4.95 sub with a REAL sub roll. 90% of the key to a good sub is the roll....Quizno, no go.

6. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Well this makes me glad I've got Firehouse Subs in my area. I've never eaten at Quizno's, but now I don't ever plan on trying.

7. Subway, equally as bad. Maybe it's a mid/north east thing, but delis are everywhere here and there is no reason to eat fast food subs. Bleh..

8. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ

Enhanced it for you. :D

9. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I'm not a fan either. You usually get a cold sub with toasted buns which are also cold.

10. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I'm so glad someone got that. :D :D :D

11. Out here we had Subways (bleech) before the big Q came to town. And there was much rejoicing when they arrived. The sangwitches were bigger and meatier. Now that the hook is set, sadly, they're just another Subway.

If I want a sangwitch, I just go to Ralph's service Deli. $6.00 and you get a decent sub. Not great, but decent.

12. I concur with this thread... for the "quality" and price, Quizno's is definitely not worth it. I cannot see them sustaining themselves too long if they do not at least match Subway. That's not to say that Subway is any better. They have gone way down hill.

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i can get a meal at subway for like 4.70 OTD.

so all of you with the trash talk on subway... :spit::spit::spit:

:p:bag::D

14. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    quizno's and subway are rediculously over priced and they seem to continuously shrink how much meat they put on and skimp on things like cheese.

I NEVER eat at these places is I can avoid it. it always comes to at least 10$ or more for a sub and a drink... rediculous.

15. I got it... And LOL'd! :D

16. If by "meal" you mean two paper-thin slices of turkey on hamburger bun, a puny "fun size" bag of chips and a child's drink. Yeah, I guess you're right. SUBWAY IS TEH WINNAR.

:D

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    now this place is a stroke waiting to happen!! (which is worth it, cause they have a meatball samich to have a heartattack for)

18. Subway - Three footlongs for $12.99, baby. WELL worth it, IMO.

19. You can do the same at McD's and it's all still crap.:D

20. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    Hah, you get off easy. Over here you pay 16 $ for a menu at Subway's, with a footlong and some 40%-water soda. You'd pay about 8-9$ for a 6inch (thats the small one right?).