Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hereby declare this month TERRIBLE.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Only, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Girlfriend? Car wreck. Luckily, not seriously injured.

Mom? Car wreck. Very lucky to be alive, broken arm, collarbone, hip, and face.

Girlfriend's mom? Lucky to be alive after run-in with drunken biker boyfriend.

Close friend? Arrested on multiple counts of theft. Needs to be heavily medicated and won't ever be herself again.

Cat I've had for 14 years? Kidney failure. Misdiagnosed by vet, so didn't get treatment in time.

Great aunt? Catastrophic liver failure. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Me? Knee injury, out of work until the end of the month, can't go up or down steps, can't carry stuff. Just sit here at home, alone. Can't even talk to my cat about things now.

Man, I just want it to not be now anymore.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It will pass, keep your head up.

3. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Keep your head up.
    When all this passes, it makes a great story you can share and laugh with other people who likely have hit a really rough part themselves.

4. looks like someone needs a hug and for it to just all go away. things will be better someday, it may not be right away, but it will be someday...

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, that's terrible. :( i'm really sorry to hear that you're hitting some rough times. it's just good to know that the injuries suffered by those you mentioned aren't more serious.

sorry bout kittie too :(

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I was whining about my petty misfortunes just the other day, but this puts it into perspective. Hope things get better.

And condolences on the great aunt. I know JT LOVES kitties but I'm sure his oversight of your great aunt's passing was just that -- an oversight.

If nothing else, things can only get better for you... hope that's some consolation!

:)

7. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Man that is terrible. I just stopped and said a prayer for you. God Bless.

8. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I had to put my 12 year old cat down 2 weeks ago so I know how you feel. Like other people have said; this too shall pass.

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear about your Aunt and cat. Just keep thinking about your sig. and buy an Xbox or PS2 or some other mind waster. It will get better.

10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :( Ouch... sorry to hear all these bad things happened.
    This month has been bad for me, too, but not as bad as for you, my problems would be minor compared to yours, but they are small and irritating niggles... so lets declare this month terrible and hope the next one will be better :)

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That's rough man. Well... TB still loves you. C'mon... group hug? ;)

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear all this, I truely hope things brighten up for you.

12. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Dude, sorry about your misfortune. Things have to get better, and will. Look forward to the turn of luck and prepare yourself for it....

13. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Maybe this will cheer you up. This is Sweetie, the bass loving
    Kitty. He has lots of cousins out there that need good homes.
    Maybe a new little buddy will make you feel better.

hang in there bro,

Slug