1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I joined the dark side...sorta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Justin V, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I finally did it. Though I swore I would never buy an Ibanez, I finally did. It's a BTB400QM. I got it for a little more than $400 semi-new because it has a fairly nasty ding in the top by the mid control knob. I went in not planning on buying anything, but it sounded and played so well and the price seemed really good. Anyway, here's a pic. I'll post more when I can get them smaller (still learning how to work the new digital camera).

2. *few*
    i thought you were gonna say you bought a GUITAR! :eek: you had me worried!
    i like the looks of those, i wanna try one someday. how does it balance on a strap? weight?

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Actually Floyd, I've had an Epiphone Les Paul guitar for about a year and a half. It balances pretty well on a strap (at least on my guitarist's beat up POS Fender strap). I haven't been able to try it with my strap because the bass doesn't have locks on it yet (paycheck comes in Friday). It looks a lot better in person than it does in that pic, though. I just need to find a way to fix that ding.

4. cool. congrats on the new bass, dude. hope it works out well.
    do the indepent bridge saddles make a big difference?

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Man, and I had thought you purchased a seven-string too. Sheesh.....:)

6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    She is sweet...Nice going man...