Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I joined the dark side...sorta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Justin V, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I finally did it. Though I swore I would never buy an Ibanez, I finally did. It's a BTB400QM. I got it for a little more than $400 semi-new because it has a fairly nasty ding in the top by the mid control knob. I went in not planning on buying anything, but it sounded and played so well and the price seemed really good. Anyway, here's a pic. I'll post more when I can get them smaller (still learning how to work the new digital camera).

2. *few*
    i thought you were gonna say you bought a GUITAR! :eek: you had me worried!
    i like the looks of those, i wanna try one someday. how does it balance on a strap? weight?

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Actually Floyd, I've had an Epiphone Les Paul guitar for about a year and a half. It balances pretty well on a strap (at least on my guitarist's beat up POS Fender strap). I haven't been able to try it with my strap because the bass doesn't have locks on it yet (paycheck comes in Friday). It looks a lot better in person than it does in that pic, though. I just need to find a way to fix that ding.

4. cool. congrats on the new bass, dude. hope it works out well.
    do the indepent bridge saddles make a big difference?

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Man, and I had thought you purchased a seven-string too. Sheesh.....:)

6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    She is sweet...Nice going man...