1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I jump from bass to bass like an Idiot! You?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Baird6869, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I swear I must be a mental case!:meh:

My main gigging basses these days are 2 Sadowskys, 2 Fender P's and 2 Stingrays.

I was LOVING my Stingrays (a 30th and a 2007 LE - both 4 strings) up until this week when I pulled out my Sadowskys after they were in their cases for a month or so.

I said to myself after A/B-ing all of my basses (and after some beers!) a few months ago that my Stingrays sounded the best with my Ampeg SVT and Sadowsky 4x10 rig. This week I went through the same excercise and I like my Sadowskys more.:rolleyes::D To make matters even worse, my '74 P strung with flats also sounded amazing.:spit:

I am seriously thinking about gigging with a Sadowsky and a P next week! This is of course just after telling my band that I thought Stingrays gave me all the tonal range I need and wouldn'y be playing anything else for a loooonnnnggg time!:bag::D

Anyone else change basses as often as they change their underwear?

2. Of course. There's more than one good bass and one good bass tone. Why have 'em if you can't play 'em?

3. You're not alone! Be glad you have a wide variety of underware to keep your loins happy, at least you're not looking for a new pair :p

4. Reuben

Reuben

Aug 8, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    The bass for me is the one that makes me forget I have a bass in my hands, and I can just be in the moment. I can't assess this a/b'ing basses in a non-group environment. I have never gone through this struggle with basses, but I have gone through it with strings and amps, and let me tell you, it is a bottomless pit. All the basses you have are good instruments, and it's not worth stressing too hard about this.

As for myself, I think the Stingray is a wonderful and versatile bass and I regret selling mine. But, I could never again live without a P-bass. It just WORKS.

5. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Variety is the spice of life my friend. I'm the same way, I'll be into one bass for a few weeks and then another one will catch my fancy and off I go. Thank goodness I'm not like that with women or my wife would kill me. :smug:

Enjoy it man, that's what bass playing is all about.

6. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure you remove your shoes. :D

7. i wish that i could afford to have this problem lol

8. ant nothing wrong with loving different tones when your in different moods.
    tones are like moods... your into one, then in another...

ant nothing wrong with that at all...

my advice... don't FORCE yourself to use a bass if you feel like using a different one... go w/ your mood.

9. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    The cure for this is to SHUT UP and not tell people that something is the be all and end all :)

Then, it's normal when you show up with different basses all the time ;)