1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just bought a CIJ 62 RI Ocean Turquoise Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobm2112, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hey guys I just got my CIJ 62 RI P-bass today.

Question about re-sale value down the road. This bass was made in Japan for the Japan market I believe. Down the road will this be a more desirable bass because it wasn't meant to be sold in the US?

P1180134.

P1180135.

2. Guitar Info
    Your guitar was made at the
    Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
    in the Year(s): 1994 - 1995

3. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Don't know about any MIJ appeal affecting value but the bass sure looks pretty regardless of where it was made!

4. I have not found that whether it was export or not has affected the value of the Japanese Fenders. Some of the Japanese Fenders had alder bodies and US electronics while others had basswood and Japanese electronics. There are so many different variants like that which affect the resale more. The most desirable are the alder body reissues (from what I have seen).

5. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Just because a bass isn't sold in the US market doesn't mean you can't get them. I've never seen a premium on the value of a used MIJ Fender just because it was exclusive to the Japanese market.

6. basslinejam

basslinejam

Mar 21, 2005
    New York City
    That right there is what I have wanted ever since I saw this:

Some Aussie found it under his dad's bed. True closet classic.

PM me first if you ever have to "thin the herd!"

Attached Files:

7. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    ive seen CIJ reissues for anywhere from $500-1000 depending on model, condition, etc. i would think yours would be on the higher side. i havent seen one that color, so it might be slightly rarer?