1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just bought a new amp head.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dark Horse, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Seymour Duncan Bass 400 for $200 + shipping ! I remember these sounding great, but occasionally being "finicky", Still, that kind of tone and power for $200 was impossible to pass up.

c983_1.

2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Looks neat. Hopefully it works OK. My guitar player had a Seymour Duncan Convertible tube amp that was amazing while it was working.

3. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Luckily I'm good with electronics ;)

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    neato!

5. I was going to bid on that but decided to keep looking. I was going to take to about $275... but it turned out better this way.

6. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I know there's another on the bay right now too. These are really good sounding amp, IIRC. I think that for the most part, the ones that had issues had the issues fairly early on in life. Still, if it gets wiggy on me I can probably fix it fairly easily. Duncan has the parts and schematic available.

7. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I can't imagine this bass head being anything like the nightmare the Convertible is. Tube power, the preamp section consists of a series of plug-in modules, some tube some solid state, to mix and match as the user likes. Has some sort of Variac thing built in, and triode/pentode operation switch IIRC. It was neat, I'll give it that.