Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just bought a SR305DX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jul 6, 2001.

1. I remember when I tried it out at first in the music store, I told my friend "dude I can probably get the same sounds from my SR405", (my first five string). I picked it up and already I could tell this bass was different it had one piece neck that was fast it felt very similar to my EDC705's neck, it was also very light. I plugged it into a Ampeg combo played around with the knobs, "this bass growls" it has a very cool growl on the low-mids. It has a short sustain due to the standard bridge but that's not at all a bad thing I love this basses sound on distortion and its light weight bridge helps it growl. I can dial up a decent sound with the bass/treble EQ and balance controls. I also loved the way this bass looked with the black finish and chrome hardware, it almost reminded me of an 67' Impala that was turned into a lowrider. I just shelled out the money today $409.95 I just spent the last hour playing it in my full setup damn this bass is deep.

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Congratulations, that's cool and all but... one question...

Why? Why a Soundgear? Why god, why? :D

3. I think his point is that the electronics in the 305 seem better than in a 405... weird.... cool though something to look for if buying an SR

4. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Soundgears rock and I'll have nothing bad said about them, even if I do have a passive '96 305:). They are lovely looking and sound great as well. BTW what is the B like on yours? Mine's pretty good but gets a little loose when I play it hard. What do you mean by one piece neck? A thru-neck or what?