1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just bought an 810... no i need something small

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bareass, May 1, 2009.

1. i've used a SWR goliath III for years now. problem is i bought the 8ohm cab, so it has always been to big for small gigs, and not loud (clean loud) enough for big gigs. and i was overdriving my svt5. i was just not matched up right. i thought about buying a 210 to use with it but came across too good of a deal on a 71 svt cab.
    i live out of town from my band, and am away at school so i'm looking for a set up that is really portable but has enough umph to play a gig with. even as a monitor if i go direct.

need suggestions. cab, amp, combo... anything that will work for parctice and smaller venues

2. i say go with one of those DR bass cabs seem to have a good rep around here... or the ampeg 410 hlf

3. i want to get something smaller the 410

4. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    2 210's then - can your head handle 2 Ohms? If so, get 2 4 Ohm 210's. If not, get 2 8 Ohm 210's. Better yet.... One 210 and one 112.

5. hwat would you guys suggest for an amp. i don't want to bring my head back and forth, incase someone at home needs it or i need to take a train. i'm looking portable and cheap... while not scraficing tone.
    i was thinking about the aguilar tone hammer as a pre amp with some small (physcally)power amp
    but i don't know what out there.
    the main use for this set up will be practicing, but i would hate to turn down a gig for the lack of an amp. and at leat with the tone hammer i can use it as a DI

6. thoughts?

7. Markbass Jeff Berlin 500w

8. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    take a look a the Mesa Walkabout Scout on the forum classify

9. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Look first then at the Behringer BDI-21. Best $29 you'll ever spend on anything bass-related.