Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just bought an Aphex 104...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MJ5150, Nov 5, 2003.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Holy Cow!!!

This thing is absolutely awesome. I got it for $75 used, and it came with the manual. There is a thorough, technical explanation of what it does, which I had a hard time following. Whatever, this thing kicks butt! I was going to buy a Behringer EX3200, but I can not imagine it would be any better than this thing.

So, maybe you are wondering why I think it is so awesome??? Well, it makes my low end fuller and deeper, without making it distorted. The mids and highs are way clearer than they were. The cool thing about it is you can turn it off while you are playing to hear the difference. It was amazing how much better it sounds when it is on. It sounds like studio quality bass. I can jack all the lows up on my EQ, but it gets muffled, and muddy. With the Aphex, I can increase the "overhang", and "girth" and it sounds deep, smooth, and clear. Wow, I am seriously impressed.

Anyone else use one? If not, you should try it.

-Mike

2. Yeah. I love my Aphex. I find mine noisey if I run it through an effect loop, though. Both on -10 and +5 modes. Nice and clean if I run mine bass directly into it first. I actually gutted mine and stuck in in my pedal board.