Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just bought this bass... good choice??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brink22, Oct 6, 2003.

1. brink22

brink22

Oct 5, 2003
  2. for that price it seems like a pretty good deal. I don't know anything about those but if you are looking to try out a 5-string then it looks like a good crab. and at the very least it looks like you got a nice gig bag. one thing nice about getting them at a low price like that is if/when you want to get rid of it you can sell it for close to what you paid for it.

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Looks decent. Cheap basses can be pretty nice nowadays. I like the slant of the neck pickup in particular. Cort makes some pretty decent stuff, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Like supernaut says, "good crab" (whatever that means). :D

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Ive never played Cort but it looks nice. When you get the bass give it a setup and maybe new strings and you should be good to go! Congrats man! :bassist:

5. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Cort basses are a great bang for your buck. Very underated because of their bargain price. I've been playing a headless for 20 years and it still performs great. The weakness of most basses in this price range is electronics. After you get it, you may want to change out the pickups, but first get a good set of strings, DR Highbeams, and do a setup, me thinks you will be even happier.

6. well...if the bass sucks atleast you got a nice bag:)

7. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    dont ditch the electronics. i have a cort curbow that ive had for three years and the other day the fretboard started coming unglued and now the frets buzz like mad. the elctronics were very nice for a $300 bass. i just got a new nicer bass last month so the fretboard thing doesnt concern me much. cort makes some nice basses and i think you got a good deal. these things can take a beating, but i guess im paying for it now 3 years later.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I bought my Hohner from that guy, he has relatively good prices.