1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just bought this Ibanez SR400e!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Check this baby out!

upload_2017-11-26_21-35-42.

48 months of 0% interest as well!

7 lbs, 13 oz.

exidor, Doctor J, DanPae and 2 others like this.
  2. That is a SR400EQM.
    The Power Span pickups are pretty good.

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    They sound really good to me in this video!

4. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Looks great, congrats!

5. Great bass, great pickups, hopefully a great price too?

6. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    The bass was the usual $449, but the financing makes it work for me. It'll be the first new bass (as in not used) I've bought in a long time.

LinusKarlsson likes this.
  7. HauntedDave

HauntedDave

Mar 7, 2016
    Houston, TX
    Wise purchase. Ibanez SR's are my go to gigging bass.

8. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I got the bass by Fedex a few days ago and it's truly great! Fit and finish is spectacular. The only cosmetic issue is that the cavity cut out for the bridge extends beyond the bridge by a mm or more and the bridge isn't centered. It's only going to bother me - nobody else would notice.

The neck is fantastic! The frets are all level, the ends are smooth and the fret channels are all sealed up nicely. After putting a piece of business card as a shim I was able to quickly set up the truss rod and action so that it's nice and low, but I can still play the strings hard with no buzzes.

Super great purchase!

9. FugaziBomb

FugaziBomb

Jun 5, 2017
    Yeah, Ibanez SRs are pretty awesome. I've got two and they are every bit as good as my higher end basses. They compete in heavy rotation with an EBMM Ray, Gibson EB (way underrated bass), Peavey T 40s, and a few other fine basses as far as gigging. The crazy thing is, I must have played close to 20 SRs in my whole life and they always feel and sound great.