1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just bought Trey Gunn's F-2B.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steve_nw, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Pretty cool, and pretty random. I didn't know it was him when I answered the Craigslist ad. Turns out he's a super nice guy.

He's liquidating some of his wares because he's getting booted out of his Pioneer Square loft studio so the owners can turn it into condos for rich people. Bummer.

Thought I'd share.

2. thats pretty cool--did he autograph it?

3. Funny, my brother the StickĀ® player asked the same thing. The thought briefly crossed my mind, but I decided against it. I'm not sure what financial value it would have added to the preamp, and honestly I don't really count myself as a hardcore Trey GunnĀ® fan.

He just seemed like a Regular Guy, and it was cool just hanging out with him a little bit and talking about whatever. I almost always feel like a geek when I talk to famous people, and I felt that asking him to autograph the thing would have changed us from two regular guys to one Star and one Geek.

I'll take that one non-geek moment over Trey's name in silver Sharpie on the case of the F-2B.

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Awesome, and I dig your stance on the autograph bit.

Trey Gunn is mystical.

5. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Very cool. I always felt that are five or ten moments in everyone's life in which they have two distinct choices of action. One choice will haunt them forever, and the other will always bring a smile inside when thinking about it. This one will be a good memory!