Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just breathed new life into my Conklin!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I recently bought an EMG B-64 EQ that came from a bass that was destroyed in shipping. It came as a vol/blend with bass/mid/teb config. 5 knobs, yet my conklin has 4 holes. So, what I did, after a generous donation to the cause by BassKahuna (thatnks, Grandon!), I rewired it for a 4 knob setup with concentric bass/treb and separate mid, then volume and blend. I may eventually move to dual volume. But this thing is much clearer than the old electronics. The pickups are still the Conklin stamped actives, made by MightyMite, but the preamp makes those pickups shine! The wiring looks like a crazy tangle, but it worked out very well. It actually worked the first time I hooked it up! Though I did wire the blend backwards, and the bass/treb backwards, but it took only a few minutes to correct. I'll post pics of the results as soon as I can find my digi cam.

2. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works