I just built the bass of my dreams!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heretic, Aug 26, 2005.

1. ...using photoshop :p

Most of it was done from scrap but I borrowed some things like the bridge, tuners, and the wood textures from real pictures. If you kind of squint and don't stare at it directly it looks real! :D

What do ya think?

2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Dude, that design is amazing! :)
  3. Wow, you like pickups, eh? Nice work on the Photoshop. It looks pretty nice. My only suggestion would be to make the upper horn a little smaller. I just prefer the body to look slightly larger than the horns. I'm also a diehard Jazz guy, so if you like this look, then it's cool with me.
  4. Hermit

May 31, 2005
    LI, NY
    Neat. Build it for real now :)

Here's a photoshop'ed bass I'll soon be building:
  5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    IMO it looks like a spector crossed with a jazz. A spectrajazz :)
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    1975 Jazzspector as made by BC Rich?
  7. That looks awesome Hermit. I wish I had 1337 photoshop skills like you.

The shape is based on the jazz body, I just distorted it until I came up with something that I liked. My next one will be more original.

I'm not sure how that pup combo would sound but it looks damn cool. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, original headstock designs are a bitch to create... all the good ones are taken.
  8. Looks like an Ibanez/Schecter/Spector/Jazz hybird... I'm totally digging it man!!!

But yeah, build it for REAL now!!!

9. One day I may just try to build it. Maybe I'll enter it in a guitar design contest and have someone else do the work. :D

I'm already at work on another one that will put this one to shame. TO SHAME I SAY!
  10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think you could get a straighter pull over the nut if you worked with the headstock a little more.

Fugly comes to mind for both of those designs, but honestly, as long as the instrument plays well and sound pleasing, the shape is of minimal importance to me.
  11. I think it's got more DeArmond Pilot than Jazz with that Spector.
  12. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    that bass you designed in post #1 looks like a studio bassists jack-knife of all trades!

Great job, I'll take one!