1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I just discovered boxes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zoffy, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoffy

Zoffy

Jun 7, 2020
    Sacramento CA
    So the other day my wife was dragging me through "The Container Store" looking for...I dunno...a container of some sort. I noticed these little plastic boxes with lids for $1.99 and I figured that I could use a plastic box for $1.99 for something. When I got home I tried it out on my pedal collection, which is usually out in the open gathering dust, and sure enough these guys fit Boss pedals (in the Boss boxes or without). They also fit every other pedal brand I own. I went back and got a bunch more and now all of my pedals that are not in the starting line-up on my pedal board have their own little home.

pic.JPG

Luigir, Reedt2000, dralionux and 36 others like this.
    Panek, MonetBass, arbitrary and 2 others like this.
  3. Zoffy

Zoffy

Jun 7, 2020
    Sacramento CA
    Wow, dude.
    I was just pointing out that one could get plastic boxes that fit most pedal brands for under two bucks. Sorry if my post is beneath you.

BeyondFiredUp and Roxbororob like this.
  4. I was going to make fun of you for "discovering plastic boxes," but I would 100% make use of that. Be able to stack 'em in the garage without worry over moisture.

5. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Uh-oh. Another box thread. Dunno if this one will be as epic, but it sure is starting out that way.

I like that you boxed your box for your nearly indestructable pedal. Looks like you could fit two pedals in those boxes without the boxes.

6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sure makes sense to me...neat way to store pedals that are out-of-rotation. That being said, I can't resist:

*Are they microwave safe?

*If you "burp" the lid, do they stay fresher longer?

*How clean do you have to keep a dirt pedal?

Susan used to pack my sandwiches in something similar but I always forget to bring them home which really strains the marriage.

Riis

7. Ruknrole

Ruknrole Got Tort? Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2018
    A6CC2DBB-4257-4DA8-8E8B-AB1E03A988DB.jpeg

Thegrandwazoo, Frank77 and mikewalker like this.
  8. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Box him.

9. 20201001_170021.jpg

Digital design by me. Only half price.

10. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    Stuff that sits on shelves gathers dust, this is a great idea for storage and will help keep the pedals in good shape.
    I don’t know if you need a little bag of silica gel to keep the moisture in check but it’s a great idea.

11. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    Do they come in "tort":D

Samatza, LYNCHMAN, Ruknrole and 11 others like this.
  12. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Cool, actually. I was gonna point out that all my pedals come with metal boxes. That's hilarious, right?
    But if they aren't stuck to a board and abused daily why not keep them clean? Plus if you ever sell them that would keep them safe inside a crappy cardboard box.
    Surprised to see the abuse, it's not half as weird as boiling strings.

13. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    Earth
    I was 15 when I discovered boxes... you got a cool one.

14. AudioTaper

AudioTaper Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2018
    I brought this one home from work. It's not airtight, but fits more than 1 pedal. Keeps the dust out.
    20201001_205627.jpg

15. Great idea, OP!

16. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    This makes a lot of sense, to a point. When you get closer to 100 pedals, a few drawers work better. Or the above mentioned cabinet.

AudioTaper likes this.
  17. telecopy

telecopy

Dec 6, 2009
    USA
    And if you're really worried you can get silica gel packets from Amazon.

18. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    OP, per your thread title I was all like, "Yeah, get in there!" and now I'm all like, "Oh."

CATFISHMcC0Y, Jakeman and Seashore like this.
  19. Cat hair and snot flakes are essential to my tone, so I'm gonna have to pass.

20. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    I myself live in an extremely dusty place, and dust is the enemy of all these gizmos for sure.

Cowboy in Latvia likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.