i just don't get this piezo thing(newbie!)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by [SD], Sep 9, 2005.

1. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    Ok, i've ben reading and reading posts about piezos. And First i know there are piezo brigde sysmtems, and piezo PU's right?
    I've got a fretless that might do good use of a piezo, since they have that acoustic sound i'm looking for.
    Now my bass is Cort B4FL (fretless). If i get a piezo bridge system from RMC would i have to change the whole bridge? just the sanddles? how is this thing installed? this is the thing i still don't get. Also i would have to get one of those buffers but then (RMC or BARTOLINI) , how do i connect it to the magnetic PU preamp, and also i would need another pot for blending or at least a stack master volume and blend type of pot, or a stack Magnetic volume and piezo volume and no master volume.

Can anyone tell me how are these things installed? and if it's two hard to do it. I've installed preamps and PU's before so i kinda have som experience.

P.D.: i might also like to try these piezo stuff on my warwick corvette
  2. all piezo's are bridge mounted, they pick up vibrations not changes in the electrical field (thats what normal pups do)
  3. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    then it's something you put in the sanddles right? and from each sanddle there is a cable coming out which i need to have a way to guide it to the buffer through the wood right?
  4. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ^^Saddles, not sandles :)

From what I understand, yes, piezo's are in the saddles..
  5. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    yeap i finally got it after seaching and searching, i would have to change the saddles dsrill a whole in the bridge and the wood so i can carry the cables into the back of the bass where the preamp buffer and pots are...so it's pretty much over my limit and a little too expensive right now..so i'll just wait...
  6. Thats given me an idea for some musical footwear :bag: