Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just figure something interesting!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by joeyang761020, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Just 10 minutes ago, I accidentally plug my headphone in the mic jack...and it become a mic........I guess properbly lot of you know this....but it just so cool......I just never thought of it....

2. Ace123

Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    HA! i didn't know that. i'm going to go try, thanks for letting me know.

3. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    One thing I found out the other day is that if you plug headphones into the output of an active bass, you can actually get a little bit of sound out of them. I thought that was kinda cool and interesting.

4. You can even use a speaker as a mic. It won´t be very sensitive of course, but some people claim that a 15" bass cab is a good mic for kick drum...

5. TomLeggate

TomLeggate

Feb 21, 2004
    Yeah about 6 years ago when I was too much of a cheapskate to buy a mic, I used to make some 'recordings' of my bands jams and rehearsals. We would just get an old pair of head phones plug them into the mic socket of an old hifi and hit record. Have to admit it did sound terrible, or maybe it was because we couldn't really play.... Anyway I have never tried it with a full sized speaker as I was always worried that it might get damaged and it would be some what cheaper to replace a pair of old headphones than a speaker. Although now looking back I can't think why the speaker should get damaged at all!

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I know a coulpe of DJs who use their headphones to talk over the system while their "spinning". (That's the word these kids are using these days.)