Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just find this humorous!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Creed doesn't have a bassist, per se, nor do they have the desire to hire one as part of the band, they don't think getting one is important, but they're advertising their new album in the latest issue of BP. Nothing wrong with promoting, I just found this to be funny.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i just saw their new video... it sound just like everything they did before... but suckier

3. now if we could only get the singer drummer and guitar player to quit too.... :D

4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    i have no idea why but...why does everyone have something agaisnt creed?...:confused:

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    At first it was the obvious PJ rip off, then they protested when people called them a "Christian" band, but they quickly embraced the brand when they started selling records because of it. Add a pinch of Scott's "worship me for I am much holier than you, therefore you should be licking my feet" arrogance, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

6. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    i got ya now...but their music is still good...isnt it?

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I don't hate it, it's just not for me. I'm not into ballady type songs. They are good songwriters though. Although, I have to admit that their new album sounds a lot like the last one.

8. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    well i like thier stuff coz every time i learn one of their songs i walk away feeling like a have just become better because their stuff borders on the stuff i know and the stuff im learning..if that makes any sence

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    As I mentioned in another forum, I think they're the Journey of 2002. Scott Stapp's hamminess--and penchant for clenching his fists--is on par with Steve Perry's. No offense to Steve Smith or Neal Schon.

10. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    And I thought I was the only one who thought they were a newer incarnation of Journey (again no offense to Neil Schon, Greg Rollie, Aynsley Dunbar, etc...)! They really aren't all that bad, although the singer's voice can get a bit irritating after a while. Their biggest problem is the fact that they became popular so quickly, and the music industry shoved them right into overkill. If they had come along more gradually, we probably wouldn't have these threads.

11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Creed did a radio interview here in Seattle - the D.J. asked the hard hitting question 'what do you say to those who compare you to Pearl Jam' (not an exact quote) - well one of the arrogant S.O.B.s (not Scott) replied "Ed Vedder WISHES he could write songs like Scott"
    Oh Please - and creed tries to come off like they are so intelectual and deep, but I think lyrically they are in the shallow end.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    WHAT?! How can you criticize the band you ripped off?!:rolleyes: :mad:

13. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Maybe that was their ex-bassist? Some article about them got said their bassist got fired for dissing Ed.

14. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    That's funny. But, seriously Creed's first cd is great. Everything after is just *yawn* All the songs sound the same and it gets so uncreative. Pearl Jam is so much better. Anybody else notice Stapp is getting kinda doughy?

15. I like the new single "Bullets" its a little outside of what they have done before, but you can still tell in the first 2-4 bars that its a creed song.

16. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i thought they had a bassist.

17. the funniest thing that i saw partaining to creed was when the lead singer (i'm not sure what his name is and could care less) said that they were like led zepplin in that it took both of them 4 albums to get the recognition that they deserve. i actually called my dad into my room to come in and laugh at him too.

18. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Thats grand. :D

Do they even have four albums?

19. i have no idea and couldn't care but it's just not right to compare them to led zepplin.

20. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    that quote above about vedder was the bass player.
    The thing I don't understand is why people hate creed for sounding like pearl jam. That is the reason I like them. I like pearl jam, but since pearl jam only releases a cd like every 5 years, I can listen to creed in the mean time, and it is kinda like listening to pearl jam. I don't think ther new cd sounds like pearl jam at all though, it sounds more like korn than anything else.