1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I just finished the last essay of my undergraduate degree

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ben Lesser, Apr 18, 2009.

1. I wrote my last exam this morning, and just finished my last paper about 20 minutes ago. I am now completely done my BA, aside from receiving marks (not that I'm going to fail), and attending graduation to get the diploma.

What a great feeling. Without doubt, I can say that the last four years of school have been the single most influential ones of my life in many regards, but especially in terms of my academic focus and growth.

For those interested, I am graduating from St. Thomas University with an Honours degree in English Literature, and a minor in music (mostly music history, but it's a non-specific minor).

I just wanted to share this because I am proud of my accomplishments. :) Next year will be one of recuperation, and then I will be moving on to graduate school to pursue my MA, although I'm not sure what my field of specialization will be.

Anyone else graduating this year?

2. It's a tough row to hoe, but worthwhile.

I graduated 25 years ago, but I still remember walking out of my last final, strung out from caffeine and no sleep, knowing that I was DONE. An amazing feeling.

Enjoy it.

edg

3. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Awesome! Congrats on being finished. I finished the undergrad two years ago, but it was pretty amazing to be done.

Hope you enjoy the ceremony and all that!

4. Emerald_gasH

Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    TO,ON,CA
    Congratulations!

Yeh I (hopefully lol) finished four days ago...feels weird man...after five years (due to my program, not me staying behind) I have no idea what to do with my time...

5. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Congrats my friend, that is a tall order :)

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Congrats! :)

7. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    enjoy the moment, it is a nice feeling

8. Congrats!, I was at that point last year (BSc (hons) Biochemistry). I remember it feeling great and thinking "No more studying!". Then with the economic state the best thing to do was to go straight on into my masters (MSc Nanotechnology & Microsystems).

So I should be graduating from that this year again :D !

9. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Congrats! I'm (not) working on mine as we speak. One last paper due at the time of my last final, this coming tuesday. While it will be a celebration for being done with the bachelors, I only have a few months off before masters classes start up. Still, it will be a feeling of accomplishment, if I can get the motivation to do it...

10. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Nanotechnology would be a pretty cool field. Still deciding what I want to concentrate in in grad school. Nano is one option.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I have plenty of work due in the next two weeks, and am barely sleeping to get it all done. But the good news is that in two weeks, I'm done with this... for good.

Or at least until I go back to get my MBA.

I'll (hopefully) be graduating from Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA with a BA in Management, concentrating in Marketing, with a minor in Accounting.

12. Thanks everyone, and congrats to all other grads!

After going through this, I just laugh when I hear high school kids complaining about their work loads. I'd give anything to only have to write one 1500 word paper in a class per semester. :p

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Me too. In the next week and a half, I have to crank out a 10-12 page history paper, a 12 page writeup of a semester-long project, a two five page art papers, a five page history final, and an extensive marketing research paper.

That's almost forty pages in the next ten days.

I won't be on Talkbass much :crying:

14. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    ^ ish. Good luck!

15. It is pretty interesting, been a hard run going into a course which has been mainly physics, but I'm managing to keep up.

Downside is a lot of medical research departments aren't too interested in the uses of nanotech, which sucks, because that's what I want to study further (phd) :(

I find it funny to hear undergrads complain about workload ;) :bag:

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Congratulations. I'll be graduating with another degree in December.