Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just found the best Jazz ever...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by De Teng, Aug 8, 2004.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Last weekend I tried the Boerjes JB Custom 5 (jazzbass type)) of this company from Germany. Never had I heard such great dynamics, fantastic vintage tone (preamp on...it still sounds like the passive openness without a preamp)... great craftmanship!!!! Sounds as Jaco, Marcus Miller within a second and it all just sounds so amazing.... !!!!!

The guy at the shop tried them along a few Celinders, Sadowskys' (although I didn't, because they weren't there at the moment) and thought they were AT LEAST as good as those things. The neck was like warm butter on a hot summer, very smooth, no flaws at all... I just couldn't stop playing... just awesome.

Maybe worth sharing... I just found THE J-bass (for me).

And that for only 1850 euro's. You can order a vintage lacquer for the neck, which gives a bit yellowish effect and they make a fake-binding on the side. Looks great! Anyway... you should really check it out if you have the chance.

Boerjes Bass Guitars

(No... I'm not in any way connected to those people, if the product would be bad, I would tell you as well!)

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Damn, that Custom 4 with natural finish looks sexy. :eek:
    Glad you like your Boerjes, I've only heard good things about them so far.

3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Believe me, the pictures look really stupid in comparison what you get in your hands.

Well...the JB- Custom 5 isn't mine yet, but will be soon! He (Ralf, the luthier) manages to make a very nice lacquer effect, a shaded colour he calls it. The red one is really beautifull. It approaches a bit a sunburst effect, but only a darker version at the sides of the body and a lighter colour in the middle. (hope you understand what I mean)

He finishes it in about three or four weeks and I can't wait to see what's the result. The shop isn't really fund of my Warwick Streamer Stage I for trading, but I can swop the bass with a Dingwall Afterburner fivestring with someone and try to get a good price for that one at that shop.

4. munkyboy

munkyboy

Feb 1, 2004
    Those Boerjes look pretty sweet, but why would you trade a Dingwall for one?

5. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Well...they look sweet and can handle every other custom bass on the planet, I swear it.

Let me explain: I've got the Warwick myself, which I want to trade for the Boerjes at a shop. The shopowner isn't fund of Warwick, because it ain't his public, so the bass will stay there for a while and so will probably not be sold anyway. Now there's some guy who wants to swop basses, so he gets the Warwick and I get the Dingwall, so I can use his Dingwall... (which it is now) for trading for the Boerjes. Got it? :D