Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i just go my recorder a tascam help please

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by benjamintowle, Apr 19, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i just got a tascam 4 track porto 2. i have a carvin pb 100 i been using my line out it sounds good is the SM-57 mic good for recoding bass. secong my guitare player has some marshale i hate them so i wount even try to spell it right what the best way to record that it a head and a 4x? it not 12 maybe 10 it only 100 watts . or yah do i need like a di box or anything like that

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The best way is the one that works.

I normally go straight in or lineout from my combo.
    I was experimenting last night and blended the linout with a SM57. It still wasn't perfect, so I stuck an overdrive between the amp and Tascam and blended the boosted and miked signal.

Just experiment until you like the results. Hope this helps.

3. I_Dream_Of_Bass

I_Dream_Of_Bass

Feb 8, 2001
    CS is right...

However, if you're both playing at the same time, I would suggest using the 57 on one of the cones on the guitarist's rig. I shy away from using 57's for bass simply because they don't have a big enough diaphragm to move. However, the 57 works very well on guitars. For the bass I would use the amp's line-out.

If you can afford it, you might want to try and get an AKG D-112. It is much better for recording bass. But, it does cost about $200USD.