Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I just got $25 to MF.com...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    hey, i just, unexpectedly got a gift certificate in the mail from a family member. just something small, but i just think i'll buy a few accesories with it.
    i was thinking of straplocks, a wall hanging guitar/bass holder, maybe a leather strap, ect.
    any suggestions?
    thanks!

2. metronome?

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My 2002 MIA P-Bass was equipped with Straplocks and I'm thinking of chuckin' 'em because they keep coming loose. It's annoying to have to "re-tighten them or loose 'em" and then have to go to GC and get parts.

I'm over 40 and I don't jump around so much anyway. Buy Strings.

4. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    when you install them break off a toothpick so you have a piece the same length as the depth of the hole, put some wood glue on it, stick it in the hole, and then screw in the straplock. works best with an electric screwdriver. my straplocks havent moved since the day there were installed.

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Actually, it's the nut that screws into the bolt on the strap. That thing keeps coming loose, and I've cranked it. I am easily annoyed.

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I had that problem for awhile and then i fixed it. I took 2 pairs of pliers and had at it until i couldn't turn them any longer. Never had the problem since. I have also heard of people using lock tite or a bit of clear nail polish to lock it on a bit better. I'm fairly certain you're talking about the Schaller Security Locks correct? I have 2 sets-looking into buying a 3rd set. That's all

edit: to the original poster. With $25, i'd couple that with some other money and get either strings or a metronome.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Use some thread sealant. Got a bottle in the beginning of my paintball days and two years later I'm still using it for basses and stuff. For about $5, I've rigged pots so they don't move, I've made sure my Straplocks never come off, and I've had fun with people's drinks :p

But as far as spending $25, I'd say either strings (which I can't use because they don't carry LaBella) or Straplocks. I have Schaller's on ever bass I own and absolutely swear by them!

8. get wall hangers! i got a couple for christmas...GREATEST THING EVER! i love them, it picks my basses up off the floor and looks really cool at the same time!